Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2017 3:22:37 PM EDT
Thinking about picking up a pair of either one of these to try out.

Any of you using these?  Pro's?  Con's?  Thoughts?

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the older style, I ended up cutting some of the palm padding off because it bunched considerably which was frustrating. However, they are durable. I have used them for weeks on exercise and they are my go to glove when using support weapons. They can take a good beating, I've had mine for nearly 2 years, dexerity is average though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have and currently use the MPACT version 2 (bottom ones). They are pretty good, by far my favorite Mechanix gloves, they are more robust than the standard work gloves (I use those for working with tools and on vehicles). They have some nice loops that you can use to attach the gloves to a carabiner/put on quickly. Unfortunately, one of these loops pulled out on one of my gloves. I think it got snagged in washing machine because the other glove loop shows no signs of give when I yank on it.

Dexterity is a bit of an issue (as with all gloves) but I have found it to be acceptable. Wouldn't expect you to be able to manipulate a touch screen with these on, but operating a weapon, driving a vehicle, and other tasks that require gross motor movement are ok. About the most finite task you can perform with these gloves on is to punch in numbers on a radio, and een then if you take your time.

Fit is snug (I wear size Medium), I don't have to clasp the velcro and most of the time I don't (provided I'm not in the sand/dust) since they fit so well.

Protection is outstanding. These babies saved two of my fingers on the right hand from a potentially very serious crush injury (I would even say possible amputation) when a ~60 pound M3A3 Bradley feeder slipped and came crashing down on my hand from about a foot height. Hurt like hell, and my fingers were bruised and swollen for about a week, but nothing more serious than that. So, I can attest from first-hand experience, that the impact protection is spot on.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
MPACT version 2 owner here. I hate any Mechanix gloves with Velcro. It sucks. Doesn't hold. I only buy Fast-Fit versions now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top