Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2017 11:22:35 AM EDT
Years ago I put together a whole HSGI padded belt set up with dump pouch, bunch of tacos, and GCode RTI system for my holsters.

It worked great in day and night training courses and at the range but I want to get another option that is a little lighter weight and not as bulky.

Needs for the new system to carry:
Holster (RTI)
2 pistol mag
2 rifle mag
Dump pouch

1st idea:
I have a wilderness 5 stitch belt and perhaps I get a gcode RTI belt adapter and then get a Raven Moduloader to run two rifle/pistol double tacos. Biggest potential con in my mind is how much the moduloader and holster may slide around when on the belt. Biggest pro is how simple it will be/less bulk and easy to throw in a range bag.

Anyone use the Raven Moduloader? Feedback?

2nd idea:
Ronin tactics belt and use my Tacos and the same RTI belt adapter as above. Plus is the velcro on the belt adapter will hold the holster in place and the webbing on the belt will hold the tacos in place. Potential con of now having an inner and outer belt system (have never run one of these types).

3rd idea:
GCode operator belt, same RTI attachment for holster and get 2 pistol and 2 rifle soft shell scorpions. Pros would be same as above. Con same as above plus cost for new scorpions however it would leave my HSGI belt intact and useable should I want to switch to the padded.

Any feedback from those that have gone from padded belt setups to a more minimalist system? This would just be for range use and classes.

Thank you
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#1]
heard seen and used the ronin belts they are good to go, seen the gcode one its okay, and definitely heard people dont like them though as far as the Velcro and sizing and whatnot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the Moduloaders with the Essac KIWI rifle and pistols pouches on my Ares Ranger Belt. 2 rifle and 2 pistol. They can slide slightly but not much at all. I really like the setup just because its super simple and lightweight.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I am still setting it up but I have an hsgi belt with micro grip and moduloaders for pistol and rifle tacos.   The microgrip panel keeps the moduloaders from moving around on the belt.  Even more so when actually on.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
What about an HSGI riggers belt w/o the Dring, Belt mounted tacos, get a velcro inner belt and your G2G
You can also pick up their micro grip liner and have a padded belt without needing the inner velcro belt like you would with the Ronnin.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:03:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about an HSGI riggers belt w/o the Dring, Belt mounted tacos, get a velcro inner belt and your G2G
You can also pick up their micro grip liner and have a padded belt without needing the inner velcro belt like you would with the Ronnin.
View Quote

Yep that's what I decided to try. Was able to get a cheap inner belt to Velcro with the HSGI riggers that was inside the padded belt. Pleased with weight difference and less bulk. Will see how it works.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I went with an inner outer belt (DSG Arms competition belt)......... Didn't think I'd like it, but I was tired of threading and feeding holster and pouches through a EDC belt I would wear.

I love it!

I currently run it with a blade-tech WRS dropped and offset mounted holster....taco pistol mag, taco rifle mag and tactical taylor dump pouch!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top