Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2017 9:03:20 AM EDT
I need another pair of ear-pros and I'm thinking about checking out the ComTac III.
Is it worth the big bucks?
Any other recommendations?
The only earpro I've had any experience with are passive ear muffs and Howard Leight Impact Sport.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I need another pair of ear-pros and I'm thinking about checking out the ComTac III.
The only earpro I've had any experience with are passive ear muffs and Howard Leight Impact Sport.
View Quote

Yes, COMTAC III are worth the money. Be sure to get the gel cups. Are you looking for comms compatibility? If not, the basic headset is about $300.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote
to me, they are worth it if you need comms (i.e need to use a 152 and ear pro at the same time). If i'm just shooting on a range i almost prefer foamies. That being said, if i had a helmet with the ARC rail adapters for the pelors that would be great and probably the go to solution.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. 

And they're more like $250-280.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 1:36:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes. 

And they're more like $250-280.
View Quote

Where are you finding them for $250-$280?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 2:05:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The high end Peltors and MSA Sordins only seem to be worth it if they're issued gear... 
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where are you finding them for $250-$280?
View Quote
The part # for the no comm version is 3M-MT17H682FB09 https://www.botach.com/3m-peltor-comtac-iii-hearing-defender-w-gel-ear-cushions/

there are other places as well, search the part number. 
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The high end Peltors and MSA Sordins only seem to be worth it if they're issued gear... 
View Quote

I got a pair of Peltors free in a class and that was worth it
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:37:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The part # for the no comm version is 3M-MT17H682FB09 https://www.botach.com/3m-peltor-comtac-iii-hearing-defender-w-gel-ear-cushions/

there are other places as well, search the part number. 
View Quote

I picked up the same pair around Black Friday, I just bought them to throw on my helmet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:12:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I got a pair of Peltors free in a class and that was worth it
View Quote

Damn, I need to take that class...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top