Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2017 5:33:51 PM EDT
I have no financial interest in this product.

A friend and I bought a pallet of Pelican 1610 cases with no foam. A few I kept for myself to pack gear, night vision etc in. The 1610 has factory screw mounting points for the Pelican brand lid organizer. I thought they were expensive and not really adaptable to anything I would want to use. I found a company making a rigid molle panel while looking in the safe forum where someone had used their panels for a door organizer. I emailed them and asked about a custom panel for my case. Paul at Grey Man tactical was really helpful. I sent measurements of the hole spacing and interior size of the lid. He was able to make me up a panel to screw directly onto the lid. Since I had a pile of pouches around I could set it up how ever it suited my needs. Here are a couple photos of my set up. I used a couple blue force gear MP7 pouches and a can pouch. They also make panels that can be attached with velcro to a flat surface. And paracord or webbing. I had a good experience with Paul. It was one of the few times I had any place go out of their way to make something the way I needed.

Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it!
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#4]
You should put an MP5 in there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should put an MP5 in there.
View Quote

HK94 is as close as I can get. My 9mm AR will go in it when it's finished.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Well done. Great concept and execution.

I have never gotten the stick on lid organizers from Pelican work for me.  Seen them work for others, but never for me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:18:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmm I wonder what a 1510 lid would cost I never use my velcro in laptop sleeve but maybe once a year when I fly instead of the rest of the time I'm doing normal travel
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#8]
How much did that run?  

I got some equipiment at work that could use something like that. 
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How much did that run?  

I got some equipiment at work that could use something like that. 
View Quote

Depends on the size. They make a bunch of different sizes. This one was $65. I think it's worth it so I can use the pile of pouches I have laying around. I will get a few more to outfit my other two cases. The pelican ones just have flimsy mesh pockets.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice I have a couple 1610's and several of the pelican organizers, but I have only gotten one to stay adhered permanently.  May have to look into this some more.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#11]
So these are 3/16" HDPE water jet or laser cut?

I saw some beautiful CNCed anodized aluminum ones mounted in a Jeep CJ8, but probably cost more than the monthly bank note.

Lower tech solution I used to make an SUV SHTF box

Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice I have a couple 1610's and several of the pelican organizers, but I have only gotten one to stay adhered permanently.  May have to look into this some more.
View Quote
Seems they use lowest bidder adhesive velcro.   Try the industrial strength self adhesive loop velcro after completely degreasing the inside lid with acetone, isopropyl alcohol, etc and spraying it with 3M adhesive primer, like what we used to use to glue on the vehicle MILES velcro 
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:34:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think this one will fit a1600, 1610 and 1620. I will post a photo of the inside of the lid so everyone can see the mounting points. I used #8 x 3/4" screws. I had some shorter screws but they didn't have enough bite to hold properly.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#14]

This is the inside of the lid with the mounting points. I'm not sure which models have them and which don't.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top