Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2017 1:23:38 AM EDT
My Under Armor gloves have about crapped out on me. I need to upgrade. The pair I have now they don't make any more. I'd describe them some sort of soft shell material with fleece on the inside and a very grippy palm. They're about the size of the insulated Mechenix Wear gloves. I'd like something similar in size.

These 2 have caught my eye, any one have experience with them? Any other good ones to look at? Looking to spend 30ish to 60ish.

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/54315/category/2206/

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/44487/s/coldshot-gloves/category/2206/

Thanks for the help yall!
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
the tan ones look cooler
the black ones have a better rating
that's all I got for ya
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the tan ones look cooler
the black ones have a better rating
that's all I got for ya
View Quote

They both come in Black and Tan, so thanks for the input . The lower rated one is what I think I'm going to get. All the bad reviews were because people don't know how measure their hand.........
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OR gloves tent to run a little tight, so if your hand measurement is getting close to the upper limit for a given size bracket, go up one size.  I followed OR's method of measuring both hands.  Oddly enough, some folks' hands are slightly different in size.
Both of the gloves will benefit greatly if worn underneath some sort of windproof/waterproof shell.

DO make an effort to shop around.
View Quote

I always do.  I just like using the manufacturers website for research. With points I can get them for 45 bucks through Tactical Distributors.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:32:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They both come in Black and Tan, so thanks for the input . The lower rated one is what I think I'm going to get. All the bad reviews were because people don't know how measure their hand.........
View Quote

the lower rated ones look cooler
but don't ask me, I didn't even know that they came in two different colors
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:19:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

the lower rated ones look cooler
but don't ask me, I didn't even know that they came in two different colors
View Quote

Well I ordered the Coldshot's (lower rated pair) I'll do a review when I get them in for yall.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:30:01 AM EDT
[#7]
How cold, and what do you want them to do? Shooting gloves?

I live in Alaska, do a fair amount of shooting outdoors down to about 0 degrees.

I have the Coldshot gloves. They really shine in 30-50 degree weather, depending on how warm your hands are (mine tend to stay pretty warm). Yes it says good down to 20, but not a chance, they don't really have any insulation in them. For above 50, I run OR Overlords.

From 0 - 30 I run their Super Coulior Liner. They aren't waterproof, but it really doesn't matter at those temperatures. Great glove, great dexterity, works great pistol and rifle. Now, below about 15 degrees, these gloves still aren't warm enough for full time use, but they will work great to run a few strings of fire. Below about 15 I run the OR Firebrand, but switch to the Coulior to shoot, or take off the shell and use the liner.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I live in Alaska, do a fair amount of shooting outdoors down to about 0 degrees.

I have the Coldshot gloves. They really shine in 30-50 degree weather, depending on how warm your hands are (mine tend to stay pretty warm). Yes it says good down to 20, but not a chance, they don't really have any insulation in them. For above 50, I run OR Overlords.

From 0 - 30 I run their Super Coulior Liner. They aren't waterproof, but it really doesn't matter at those temperatures. Great glove, great dexterity, works great pistol and rifle. Now, below about 15 degrees, these gloves still aren't warm enough for full time use, but they will work great to run a few strings of fire. Below about 15 I run the OR Firebrand, but switch to the Coulior to shoot, or take off the shell and use the liner.
View Quote

Thanks for this. Our winter temps usually go from the teens to the 30's in a day. Every now and then it'll hit single digits, but not too often. I like the thinner profile gloves for conceal carry and being able to shoot if need be. I shoot mostly indoors during the winter, but I'll still shoot with these gloves on to get used to them. I'm not outdoors too much during the winter, and if they're insulated like my last pair (not very much at all) I think I'll be just fine.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks for this. Our winter temps usually go from the teens to the 30's in a day. Every now and then it'll hit single digits, but not too often. I like the thinner profile gloves for conceal carry and being able to shoot if need be. I shoot mostly indoors during the winter, but I'll still shoot with these gloves on to get used to them. I'm not outdoors too much during the winter, and if they're insulated like my last pair (not very much at all) I think I'll be just fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the Sensor gloves OP linked to... I don't use them for anything weapons related because they do not have the tactile feel necessary. The combo of the liner and pile insulation is too thick. Fat fingers too for a pistol trigger guard. YMMV.

I do use the OR Stormtrackers - https://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/mens-stormtracker-sensor-gloves.html
I can feel Glock trigger reset most of the time and works great with AR sized trigger guards. I am wearing these tonight for negative 5 Fahrenheit driving around town. They are not snow shoveling gloves below 25 degrees as really limited insulation, but solid wind blockers and moderate heat holding. Not waterproof but shed water in rain and snow. Leather palms give really good grip.

Totally agree with your plan to do some shooting in them. Absolutely necessary to be prepared. And OR is the right brand to be looking at...
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#10]
A few years ago someone on this site recommended these Camelbak gloves...

http://shop.camelbak.com/cold-weather-gloves/d/1161C1161

(Can't hot link from phone....grrrrr)

I now own three pairs and purchased a set for the Mrs as well.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:48:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have the Sensor gloves OP linked to... I don't use them for anything weapons related because they do not have the tactile feel necessary. The combo of the liner and pile insulation is too thick. Fat fingers too for a pistol trigger guard. YMMV.

I do use the OR Stormtrackers - https://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/mens-stormtracker-sensor-gloves.html
I can feel Glock trigger reset most of the time and works great with AR sized trigger guards. I am wearing these tonight for negative 5 Fahrenheit driving around town. They are not snow shoveling gloves below 25 degrees as really limited insulation, but solid wind blockers and moderate heat holding. Not waterproof but shed water in rain and snow. Leather palms give really good grip.

Totally agree with your plan to do some shooting in them. Absolutely necessary to be prepared. And OR is the right brand to be looking at...
View Quote

I saw the stormtrackers and they looked way too big to use shooting. They do look a lot warmer though. I may see if a local place has them to try.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A few years ago someone on this site recommended these Camelbak gloves...

http://shop.camelbak.com/cold-weather-gloves/d/1161C1161

(Can't hot link from phone....grrrrr)

I now own three pairs and purchased a set for the Mrs as well.
View Quote

I saw these and didn't know Camelbak even made gloves so I thought they were fake. They weren't rated very high either, so I skipped over them. I may look around and grab a pair to try out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 2:56:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, the Coldshot's came in today and on first impressions I absolutely love them! They are A LOT warmer than my old Under Armor Gloves. Simple tasks, opening a knife, mag release slide manipulation etc are super easy and will get easier when they break in a bit. Thanks for the info yall! I may still get a pair of the Camelbak gloves to try and have an extra pair, and look into the heavier duty gloves as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top