Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2016 1:44:15 PM EDT
Anyone ever do business with this company or run their gear?  I'm considering going with one of their plate carriers, the reviews that I've read give them a GTG thumbs up. was seeking any first hand knowledge before pulling the trigger. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy with confidence brotato chip.  Good company and incredible products. 

ETA:  I have the light assaulters belt system and pouches. 
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have there operator plate carrier, its very nice. Going to get some 40mm pouches next.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Operator PC.  Well worth the money.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Echoing everyone else, great stuff. However if what you are getting is not in stock there may be a lead time. I got the assaulters belt and it seems they move quite a bit of those and so I had to wait a little bit. Be patient, it is definitely worth it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all.  Cap and Bayer, the OCPC is what I'm going with.  The product description mentioned a 3 mag pouch with bungee retention, but doesn't show a pic with it installed into the vest.  Did it come with yours?
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy with confidence brotato chip.  Good company and incredible products. 

ETA:  I have the light assaulters belt system and pouches. 
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks all.  Cap and Bayer, the OCPC is what I'm going with.  The product description mentioned a 3 mag pouch with bungee retention, but doesn't show a pic with it installed into the vest.  Did it come with yours?
View Quote

Mine didn't come with a magpouch, nor did I order one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Could be referring to the 3 mag Kangaroo Pocket insert that fits inside the front velcro sammich, the top opening.   A packcloth 3 mag insert or webbing divider that velcroes in, with bungee retention for mags.
http://lbtinc.com/2645

The AWS OCPC, its basically a copy of the LBT-6094 differences being the LBT are now made in 500d, the AWS is 1000d, and some minor sewing/manufacturing methods being different.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:13:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Buy with confidence. I have both the PC and there belt system. Best bang for the buck I've had for years in gear.
The website is not as sophisticated as other, and they may not be supper fast, but they are worth the wait.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 4:01:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone ever do business with this company or run their gear?  I'm considering going with one of their plate carriers, the reviews that I've read give them a GTG thumbs up. was seeking any first hand knowledge before pulling the trigger. Thanks.
View Quote

Love AWS!

Great company, they make awesome products. I've purchased a number of things from them and they are all absolutely top notch.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks all!!! I ordered the OCPC in Coyote.  I suck at posting pics, but will when I receive and get it set up.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't try to order online. I tried twice, over a year apart. I had a follow up email from them, sent my credit card info, never got anything and my card was used for fraudulent purchases and had to be cancelled. Their online credit card purchase web link is not secure and has been defective as long as at least last year. They understand this and don't care, won't fix their online credit card form, and wont send product when they have correct card info. Just call or mail your order.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Don't try to order online. I tried twice, over a year apart. I had a follow up email from them, sent my credit card info, never got anything and my card was used for fraudulent purchases and had to be cancelled. Their online credit card purchase web link is not secure and has been defective as long as at least last year. They understand this and don't care, won't fix their online credit card form, and wont send product when they have correct card info. Just call or mail your order.
View Quote

Good to know. Will follow up with another phone call, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:12:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I won't order from them again.

Products were fine, but their order processing is not what I expect of a retailer in (then) 2016. Never got any online confirmation after my order, my item was supposed to be in stock (as an over run) but didn't arrive for like 7 weeks. They have the best selection of IR patches so I tried giving them benefit of the doubt and trying another order. Ordered 2 color IR (1 reversed) and they were different sizes in every dimension by several MM enough that it didn't cover the velcro field on the shoulder. Also thought I ordered the multicam laser cut ir accompanying pair to switch out with the color flags, but I got plain coyote flags. Didn't bother to call and dispute it because I had no order confirmation email to make sure I ordered what I thought I did.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I won't order from them again.

Products were fine, but their order processing is not what I expect of a retailer in (then) 2016. Never got any online confirmation after my order, my item was supposed to be in stock (as an over run) but didn't arrive for like 7 weeks. They have the best selection of IR patches so I tried giving them benefit of the doubt and trying another order. Ordered 2 color IR (1 reversed) and they were different sizes in every dimension by several MM enough that it didn't cover the velcro field on the shoulder. Also thought I ordered the multicam laser cut ir accompanying pair to switch out with the color flags, but I got plain coyote flags. Didn't bother to call and dispute it because I had no order confirmation email to make sure I ordered what I thought I did.
View Quote

MY experience was similar, but the Belt was a good price.. so I dealt with it, But I agree.. In this day and age... they should police up alot of that shit.
I think they still get most of their work from the .Gov... so there may be a bit of the Colt/HK syndrome when dealing with the Civy side...
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm somewhat local to AWS. I've had a pleasant experience thus far online 2x (coincidentally waiting on an order ATM!)

Some notes for everyone..
-I believe in October some nasty weather flooded Fayetteville, NC and affected their operations.
-Their website is not the best representation of their current state or inventory. Their brick and mortar store moved awhileand is not the assault ladder paradise of the past.
-Their employees can become clueless to online orders but if contacted via phone are very helpful.
-Their 6094 clone, newer packs & pouches are more than likely in stock or readily available. Items of the past are better to be inquired upon via phone.
-They shamelessly clone LBT & Eagle but myself among others would argue their material & stitching is on par with LBT. Nothing beats St Louis Eagle :)

Their OCPC is literally a 6094. If you like the 6094 and aren't chasing the Lion label get the OCPC.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm somewhat local to AWS. I've had a pleasant experience thus far online 2x (coincidentally waiting on an order ATM!)

Some notes for everyone..
-I believe in October some nasty weather flooded Fayetteville, NC and affected their operations.
-Their website is not the best representation of their current state or inventory. Their brick and mortar store moved awhileand is not the assault ladder paradise of the past.
-Their employees can become clueless to online orders but if contacted via phone are very helpful.
-Their 6094 clone, newer packs & pouches are more than likely in stock or readily available. Items of the past are better to be inquired upon via phone.
-They shamelessly clone LBT & Eagle but myself among others would argue their material & stitching is on par with LBT. Nothing beats St Louis Eagle :)

Their OCPC is literally a 6094. If you like the 6094 and aren't chasing the Lion label get the OCPC.
View Quote

I ordered online, but phoned to confirm the order a day or two later, the employee was super helpful.  I may pick up a 3 day pack from them in the near future.  LBT makes great gear and I'm an Eagle fan from way back.  I called First Spear inquiring about some of their inventory, mentioned that I still run  a Becker Patrol Pack, they told me if I need any repairs to send it up. A solid crew.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top