Posted: 11/29/2016 8:19:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone finding some sort of happiness?  

I wonder about posting Deal Alerts like this.
View Quote

I just wanted to say, as an extremely frequent browser of Gear, thanks for the deal alerts. I won't be buying anything from this one because UCP belongs in the garbage or in an incinerator, not my kit bag, but thank you. It's nice to see someone put in the effort, especially seeing how the section of this site thats actually made for deal alerts (forgot what its called, buts its under General) gets NO traffic/use.

I think you don't get a lot of responses because thats just the way Gear is, there isn't too much traffic here and the post to view ratio on threads is just sad. I know I've posted threads in here that got hundreds of views but like 2 or 3 responses. People really need to remember that ARFCOM isn't just GD and the tech forums. Us gear snobs need love too, damn it!

Seriously though, Gear just needs WAY more traffic than it gets, at least in my opinion. How to make that happen I don't know but thats the way it is. Or at the very least the seemingly thousands of people that browse through but don't ever post anything need to actually post, that being the whole point of an online forum, to talk and share info and experience. *sigh* Oh well...
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks RAF!!! Appreciate you sir.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks OP for the post, but ACU is not my thing even dyed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I"d judge deal alerts based on views, not neccesarily replies.  If someone wasn't interested in a deal on ucp itmes, I don't think they'd open the thread.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I think your deal posts are great, its always great to get some cheap quality gear, Im going to pick up their padded belt as a cheap war belt to try to the concept out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Nothing that peaks my interest, but thank you kindly for sharing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#8]
UCP isn't so bad when a bit dirty or at range. Not my first choice but it's use able.

Thanks OP I'm looking now. I've had poor luck dyeing cordura. I did make ghetto UCP-D out of some surplus ACUs it worked alright.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, but the only ACU I have is an XL OTV with SDS soft armor. That's all I have. Because nobody will buy it off me............
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
UCP isn't so bad when a bit dirty or at range. Not my first choice but it's use able.

Thanks OP I'm looking now. I've had poor luck dyeing cordura. I did make ghetto UCP-D out of some surplus ACUs it worked alright.
View Quote

Dig up raf's thread about Rit Dye. I followed it and got pretty good results dying UCP.

Edit: I don't comment on Deal Alert threads but check them out most of the time, especially when you put in what the deal is.

I don't have time during the day to check all the various vendor's websites. So it is very much appreciated when someone sees something that might interest the rest of us and posts it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did.  I'm a gear newbie, and this let me put together a belt and some pouches for less than fifty bucks.  I don't give a rat's ass about color.  I just want to see who makes what and what works for me, and this let me get another taste for a lot less than it would have been normally.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I did.  I'm a gear newbie, and this let me put together a belt and some pouches for less than fifty bucks.  I don't give a rat's ass about color.  I just want to see who makes what and what works for me, and this let me get another taste for a lot less than it would have been normally.
View Quote

You should really, really looks at TAGs clearance section I've gotten tons of really nice shit for dirt cheap there.  $5 shipping
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks RAF.

Not my favorite pattern, but for 75% off...........good way to pick up some beater gear for the range.  If I like it enough to keep it, I can just dye it black.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Any way we could get hipsters to start wearing acu?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Got my belt in,  it seems decent,  3 suspender attachment points, I'm a 32 to 34 and the Molle starts.at.about my hip bones so little small,  I also ordered the wrong kydex pistol pouch,  got the hook and loop belt version instead if Molle so I guess it goes into the bin, Idk if I'm ever going to buy one if those belts
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Had my hopes up the UCP dead hooker bags were on sale! Alas, no.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds good, I'll hit them up when I have time
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks, I appreciate it. I still keep a pair of my old UCPs around for nostalgia's sake and will probably pick up that interceptor vest for the same reason.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You should really, really looks at TAGs clearance section I've gotten tons of really nice shit for dirt cheap there.  $5 shipping
View Quote

Shhhh... No one needs to be mentioning where that particular gold mine is located.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:29:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I bought the 6094b from them a few weeks ago for under $100 delivered.

Thanks for the heads up on the pouches.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top