Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2016 12:43:51 AM EDT
An accessory pocket on my D3CR  has formed a wear hole on the lower front curvature area. I contacted Haley Strategic about mending recommendations, they advised that mending with cordura was my best bet (obviously). I mated the rig to my armor for work and have used the piss out of it in real world and training, unfortunately purchasing a new one isn't in the budget right now.  The design is spot on (shout out to Egg) and I really would like to continue using it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:36:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Cordura was designed that when there is a hole in it you can't neccesarily tear that hole so that it will get bigger. I wouldn't worry about it unless you store small enough for it to fall through. on a side note a patch of a small piece of Cordura with some tear greeze will fix it or alternatively have someone sew a piece of webbing over the bottom of the pouch and on the other one just so there is some symmetry from an aesthetics perspective.

Eta: not all Cordura is real and the Asian stuff when it gets a whole you can open that shit like a zipper.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:33:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Some 500D backed with 3M 300LSE should hold it for a while. Picture of hole?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#3]
if it is a small hole hold a lighter to it just to melt the edges to keep it from fraying. If it is bigger you can glue in a small patch with pretty much any glue that will work on plastics or fabrics.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a rat chew two small holes in side of my Molle II medium ruck while in Kuwait over a year ago. I've used that bag many times since and the holes have not grown in size. As it is a well made piece of gear, I would be confident in the D3CR's ability to weather the damage for a while yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top