Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2016 3:48:26 PM EDT
I'm looking for something that can be tossed on in the middle of the night and not have to worry about it slipping off. I have an HSGI suregrip padded belt, which I like but its rather bulky, Looking to reduce the profile a bit.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at the Emdom /MM CM belt.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm looking for something that can be tossed on in the middle of the night and not have to worry about it slipping off. I have an HSGI suregrip padded belt, which I like but its rather bulky, Looking to reduce the profile a bit.
View Quote

I have an old padded Tactical Tailor MOLLE war belt that works or bump-in-the-night-use - tac light, holster, spare mags and striking device. I guess I have sufficient hips to make it work, but it might not work for everyone as it is prone to rotate around the waist if the pistol holster gets snagged- http://www.tacticaltailor.com/modularpaddedbelt.aspx.

If you are going to be truly minimalistic, I would just look at the technology from Blue Force Gear -https://www.blueforcegear.com/innovation.html. BFG is pricey, but the stuff is nice. They have some good pictures throughout their site of low-profile belt rigs using the Ten-Speed elastic set ups. They are also having really good sales for Cyber Monday.

Way back in the day, before "war belts" were a phrase (1990's-early 00's), lots of folks had reinforced 1.5-1.75" nylon/plastic sandwich duty belts. Those usually had velcro lining to an inner belt for stability, but could be used without an inner belt. They didn't hold weight as comfortably as ALICE or present day MOLLE belts, but they were stable, especially with low-profile suspenders. For a basic pistol/support load and depending on body type, that might work too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out HSGI Slim Grip Belt.

Or Micro Grip Belt.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:33:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I am using the Platatac SICC Mk2 with the HSGI Micro Belt Liner. I really like this setup. It was one the first I could find that was small and light with a cobra buckle and had a rated loop for tying in. There are a few others out there now with the Ronin Task Force one of the nicer.  But for all the Velcro on the inside for the SureGrip Micro Liner is a must, that makes a pretty solid system. Plus if you have an inner belt, pull the liner off.

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#5]
How sturdy would you say the Ronin belt is with just the sure grip micro liner and not using the velcro inner belt? I don't know if I want to be committed to needing to run an inner belt at all times to keep the thing from flopping over with 2 AR mags and 2 Pistol mags.

I've considered getting a 1.75 riggers belt and the sure grip to sturdy it up a bit.
I've also looked at the volandgear micro belt but it seems so dam stiff, if I don't use an velcro inner belt it might ride up like a hula hoop
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 6:31:41 AM EDT
[#6]
They all ride up if you move enough and don't use a 2 belt system. I have a HSGI liner on order for my Volundgear, and also buying a Ronin belt. Will let you know how it goes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

TDP; I have this one from TYR Tactical. It's light, has a removable inner mesh pad (can be worn with an inner belt, just the outer belt, or with the included pad), has molle webbing in low profile, a solid Cobra buckle, and it's built by well. Primary use is for getting some of the load off the plate-carriIer/ new IOTV onto my hips. I run a Costa Leg Rig (2 rifle/3pistol mags) high up on my left leg, an HSGI bleeder pouch mounted horizontally in the small of my back, and a Blackhawk Serpa M9 holster (it works well for me and always has; not interested in the ongoing debate about those...). All said it works well for me.
 I've tried the Brokos Belt; solid idea, well constructed piece of kit. But it was big, bulky, and slid all over the place to include riding up high when attempting to draw a pistol. For load carriage unfortunately it's a lot of trial and error of what works for you on the individual level.

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/gunfighter-belts/tyr-tactical-gunfighter-belt-e-rigger-style/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top