Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2016 1:02:37 AM EDT
I need MSAP shoulder pads or something very similar for attachment of the MSAP deltoid armor to a plate carrier, but the few MSAP pads I could find for sale were outrageously priced, usually going for $80 to $90. I can't bring myself to justify paying that much when HSGI pads for example are $26.

Does anyone know of a source for MSAP shoulder pads at a more reasonable price? Or is there a different shoulder pad that would work for attaching the MSAP deltoid armor?

Link for picture reference only: Shoulder pad style I need

Link for picture reference only: Deltoid armor I'm using

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, basically I need plate carrier shoulder pads that have hook velcro in the middle of the pad that can be used to attach the deltoid armor. The deltoid armor has an attachment strap (the one extending from the top of the deltoid armor in the pictures) that has loop velcro on both sides of the strap, and the MSAP pads in the other link have a flap (can be seen in the pictures) that has hook velcro that "wraps" on both sides of the deltoids attachment strap, firmly securing it to the carrier.

I really hope that last paragraph made sense...
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 2:55:42 AM EDT
[#1]
That brings back memories of Iraq when they tried to make us wear that...too impractical.

That said, I've seen lots of different ways of rigging those up back in the day (before they were commercially made); guys used to take a groin flap and wrap in around their deltoids and hang it from their vest/PC.

Couldn't you make a strap with velcro to mate with that of the DAP, loop around your shoulder straps and mate back to your DAP?

You could either add another piece of velcro on the back of the DAP "tag" or put velcro on both sides of the end of a strap, stick it to the DAP velcro, go around your should strap and back onto the other side of your strap.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:57:28 AM EDT
[#2]
see if you can find RBAV shoulder pads -- they're kind of like the CIRAS pads but they have additional padding that pulls apart to make a hole to feed the DAPS through. there's a shit-ton of cheap RBAVs on the market, maybe someone's broken one down for parts and sold it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a set of coyote MSAP pads that I can let go cheap.  

If you want to be picky about colors and fight with airsofters for their "impressions," expect to pay a premium.  

PM me.

~Augee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top