Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2016 4:04:24 PM EDT
Hey everyone,

I need some input on 3 PCs I'm looking at stepping up to!

1. Mayflower APC
2. Paraclete SOHPC
3. AWS Operators Choice PC

Quick input would be appreciated as the Mayflower is on sale right now!

I mainly want to be able to throw a flag patch on the front, a horizontal holster, and my triple kangaroo pouch.  I'm 6'1", if that matters for any of these (I've heard the Banshee is pretty small for taller individuals).  Still trying to decide on size...need to remeasure!

Thanks ahead of time!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Of those three? Mayflower APC. Especially with the new gen shoulder straps. Carrier sizing is based off of plate size. Which plates are you looking at / do you have?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I went from a SOHPC to an APC primarily because of the swift clip feature. The APC also has a build in kangaroo pouch.

SOHPC is a solid no frills PC, but I wouldn't go back to it. The AWS PC looks good but I have no experience with it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#3]
APC is $179.99 today at SKD
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have plates yet, but would imagine I'm a large? Are the 10x12 plates considered large?  I will be looking for a shooters cut anterior plate...just not sure if I need a 10x12 or 11x14.  I'll probably do either the same or slightly bigger for the posterior I plate.

Does the Mayflower have hook & loop on the front, top Molle for patches?  Not a huge deal, but I do like to represent the Flag on it!

Seriously entertaining the Mayflower, but the AWS looks decent and is regular price less than the Mayflower on sale.  I just want something solid...
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:46:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with everyone else. Mayflower APC. Love mine!

Yes, sir, has Velcro, and the Swiftclips are the shit. Use mine ICW Haley D3CR. But Mayflower and EGL make good placards, as well. EGL actually makes the Haleys.

Watch Highcom, AT Armor, and SKD for a good deal on ceramic plates on Black Friday, hopefully.

I would go shooter cut, multicurve 10x12's.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I measured 10-11" wide nip to nip, and 16" jugular notch to belly button...would I go with a L/XL or S/M?  I'm around 40" at the naval, so going with the small cumberbund.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the AWC PC and like it very much, for the money, a good deal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 1:34:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I measured 10-11" wide nip to nip, and 16" jugular notch to belly button...would I go with a L/XL or S/M?  I'm around 40" at the naval, so going with the small cumberbund.
View Quote

I would go L/XL. Cummerbund too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm confused!  Based on the info on SKD for the Mayflower APC sizing, I should be a S/M for both?!

This is what the information says on SKD for the Mayflower APC:
- If you measure 34-44" at the navel, you should try a S/M APC with a Small cummerbund
- If you measure 42-52" at the navel, you should try a S/M APC with a Medium cummerbund
- If you measure 43-53" at the navel, you should try a L/XL APC with a Medium cummerbund
- If you measure 49-59" at the navel, you should try a L/XL APC with a Large cummerbund
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm confused!  Based on the info on SKD for the Mayflower APC sizing, I should be a S/M for both?!

- If you measure 34-44" at the navel, you should try a S/M APC with a Small cummerbund

- If you measure 42-52" at the navel, you should try a S/M APC with a Medium cummerbund

- If you measure 43-53" at the navel, you should try a L/XL APC with a Medium cummerbund

- If you measure 49-59" at the navel, you should try a L/XL APC with a Large cummerbund
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm 6' 195lbs and went with the S/M with medium cummerbund.

My only complaint with the APC is the amount of velcro on the cummerbund. It's a giant pain in the ass to don or doff the carrier. I have a First Spear cummerbund on order so we'll see if that alleviates my concerns.

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My only complaint with the APC is the amount of velcro on the cummerbund. It's a giant pain in the ass to don or doff the carrier. I have a First Spear cummerbund on order so we'll see if that alleviates my concerns.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you can only run up to 10x12 plates, right?  How far down your abdomen does it cover?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So you can only run up to 10x12 plates, right?  How far down your abdomen does it cover?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right. Coverage is maybe an inch above my navel.

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:39:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Plate silencers are your friend with the APC.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:09:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That is proper coverage for a plate carrier. The S/M APC will fit Small / Medium ESAPI or Swimmer plates. 10x12 plates are not a military measurement for plates.

SOS
View Quote

I measured 10-11" wide nip to nip, and 16" jugular notch to belly button...I'm typically run about 38- 40" at the naval.

So, given my measurements I should go with a S/M PC?  Small or Medium cummerbund?  Is this pretty standard across plate carriers, or only for the Mayflower APC?

Thanks for the help everyone!
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 1:49:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The chasis for the APC and almost all plate carriers depends n the size of the plates. By your measurements I would say medium to large plates or 10x12 plates.
The cummerbund is based on your measurements. According to your size you are the S/M1 cummerbund for the APC.

SOS
View Quote

Awesome, thank you!  So, medium to 10x12 plates would need the S/M APC, large plates would need the L/XL APC...then a S/M1 cummberbund...got it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top