Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2016 7:03:08 PM EDT
Hi
I had an idea to buy a BP vest that i can wear under my winter coats.
Im looking for one that zips up the front so that it can be attached to one of my big coats and worn like an interchangable lining.
Much like carrying a firearm, if you don't have your vest on it wont help you, and this arrangement would help me to wear it when im outside all winter.
Does anyone here know of a vest that fits the bill?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Wear concealable separate vest
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:40:54 AM EDT
[#3]
so your post count is 4, and you are from CT, trying to procure a very nonstandard form of armor.

What's the deal?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so your post count is 4, and you are from CT, trying to procure a very nonstandard form of armor.

What's the deal?
View Quote

CT has some jacked up armor laws
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want full coverage in the front. Not a zipper leaving a very large weak spot over the vitals.
View Quote

Youd need to overlap like an interceptor. Kinda bulky if you'll be around people though
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hi
I had an idea to buy a BP vest that i can wear under my winter coats.
Im looking for one that zips up the front so that it can be attached to one of my big coats and worn like an interchangable lining.
Much like carrying a firearm, if you don't have your vest on it wont help you, and this arrangement would help me to wear it when im outside all winter.
Does anyone here know of a vest that fits the bill?
Thanks
View Quote

As you may already know, body armor cannot be mail ordered to Connecticut. Also, the armor solution you describe is not going to be practical, for the most part. The worst place you could have a seam, even if it overlaps, is in the center of the chest, due to how the bullet energy is transferred across the armor fibers.

The exception would be a huge overlap such as with the old Interceptor style, but I'm not particularly fond of that style either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top