Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2016 7:24:49 PM EDT
...for single 30 round mags.  I want something thin and light for the front of my vest and sides of my war belt.  No other requirements.  tia
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Usgi taco
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
If only using 5.56, Esstac KYWI. If multiple calibers in play, HSGI Taco.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Usgi taco
View Quote
this ^

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:20:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Taco or KYWI.  I have both, use both, but my personal preference leans slightly towards Tacos.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#5]
G-Code Soft Shell Scorpion that is one size fits all. I own both HSGI TACO and just recently purchased a set of the Scorpions which are very similar to the TACO but better.

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/SS_R1.html
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been a Taco guy because I run multiple mag sizes.  But I just clicked on the Scorpion link.  Very interesting.  Any owners care to do a write up/review?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
G-Code Soft Shell Scorpion that is one size fits all. I own both HSGI TACO and just recently purchased a set of the Scorpions which are very similar to the TACO but better.

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/SS_R1.html
View Quote

How are they better than the Tacos?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Tactical Tailor Fight Light pouches or BFG Helium Whisper.  

I'm not a huge Taco fan (the pouches, not the food, I'm a huuuuuge taco fan).  Also, I don't find them to be particularly low profile when nothing is in them, at least the HSGIs have that plastic "spine" which keeps the pouch proud of the surface.  I like the secondary retention that the Fight Lights come with (top bungee) because I've had stuff fall out of pouches before, Tacos were some of the worst offenders, no matter how white-knucklingly cinched down they were.  

BFGs are great if lowest profile is your number one requirement, they are flat, just plain totally flat when nothing is inserted in them.  Downsides are no top retention standard, and unlike Taco-designs, very difficult to add later on as well.  Also, more effort required to re-insert the magazines.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the BFG ones as well.

Unloaded, your PC is basically slick. The nice thing about them is you can stick a bunch of different shit in them, and it will hold it well. Rifle mags, pistol mags, flashlights, cuffs.. It's nice to have the option.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#10]
KYWI or BFG Ten Speed if you want the pouch to lie flat when not in use.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Haven't wrote a review before but I'll give it a shot on my personal opinion as a mall ninja, stay tuned!

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I just got a basic Eagle surplus 3 mag shingle, works fine for me. A heads up, if you add pouches on the sides of your PC it will effect arm mobility, and weigh you down considerably. I had two doubles on each side, and when fully loaded I had 11 mags which brought the base weight up to around 40lbs with plates.

I removed the side mags, kept only the shingle and am going to add a couple pistol mag pouches and call it a day. Shaved about 10lbs in mags just by removing the side mags. I figure if it requires more than 4 AR mags and 3 pistol mags, It is going to end badly.

Just my .2 though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Taco provides the maximum flexibility.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top