Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I understand they're rated to stop (1) 30-06 AP round

How does that equate to .300 Win Mag?

Will it stop a ball round? AP?

thank you!
View Quote
Yes the threat rating is stopping 1 M2AP. It be built to withstand more, but since there is no level IV+ or V by NIJ standards, it would still be considered a level IV.

I can answer the 300 Win Mag part. I shot a CATI level IV plate with 2 M2AP rounds and they were stopped. I hit it with 1 150gr SP @ 45' and it was stopped. 2 rounds of M2AP 300 Win mag went right through the plate, but bear in mind, ceramic plates are not usually mutli hit because the ceramic cracks:

Of course as I mention you can overbuild a plate and still be level IV. Here's RMA's plate taking 4 of those M2AP 300 Win Mags plus 1 M80A1

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 2:08:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I think location counts too. Buckets very close to each other = no bueno amigo. Spread apart I've seen them take quite a bit of abuse.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top