Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2016 10:20:26 AM EDT
I like the plates offered by SKD, how are they and do you have any other suggestions? Thanks, DannerTrax
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#1]
SKD plates are GTG.  

You might also check out Highcom and Spartan Armor Systems (formerly TheTargetMan)  

FYI...the past couple of years Highcom has had some pretty great sales on their Lvl4 ceramic plates around Black Friday, if you feel you can wait that long.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SKD plates are GTG.  

You might also check out Highcom and Spartan Armor Systems (formerly TheTargetMan)  

FYI...the past couple of years Highcom has had some pretty great sales on their Lvl4 ceramic plates around Black Friday, if you feel you can wait that long.
View Quote

Spartan's anti spall coating looks impressive. DannerTrax
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out the chopping block, the wound channel, and buffman on you tube a lot of testing videos on armor.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you looking for high quality or "just good enough"?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess in this case just good enough. But spall worries me in reference to steel plates. DannerTrax
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I guess in this case just good enough. But spall worries me in reference to steel plates. DannerTrax
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ceramics are getting pretty darn cheap these days.

Link Posted: 10/1/2016 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you point out some for me?
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't consider steel "just good enough" but that's my personal opinion and not shared by everyone.

I consider a low-cost level IV ceramic to be "just good enough". You can buy good quality, certified plates for around $145 from places like BulletProofMe, Midwest Armor, Highcom, and others.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't consider steel "just good enough" but that's my personal opinion and not shared by everyone.

I consider a low-cost level IV ceramic to be "just good enough". You can buy good quality, certified plates for around $145 from places like BulletProofMe, Midwest Armor, Highcom, and others.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This looked like the best steel plate I have seen so far, with the price, weight, and line-x build up:
http://bulletproofme.com/RP-Level-3-PLUS-Steel.html
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This looked like the best steel plate I have seen so far, with the price, weight, and line-x build up:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If steel is your goal, I won't be able to offer any advice on that subject, other than "don't buy steel".
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Hoplite Armor just put out they will be heavily discounting their armor, they make pretty good armor, and the prices are not bad.

Level IV, Medium, Triple Curve, SAPI Plate   $299.00
Link

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Velocity Systems or why bother
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO BE SOLD DIRECTLY TO MILITARY, GOVERNMENT AND LAW ENFORCEMENT CUSTOMERS. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PRICING, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WOULD LIKE TO PLACE AN ORDER.

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO BE SOLD DIRECTLY TO MILITARY, GOVERNMENT AND LAW ENFORCEMENT CUSTOMERS. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PRICING, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WOULD LIKE TO PLACE AN ORDER.

I can help with that
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bulletproofme sells good ceramic, try the  lvl 4 standalone page on their site.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're going to use Steel, use AR500 Armor, Spartan Armor Systems over AW AR680 any day of the week. I'm getting ready to test the Patriot III+ and CATI has some III+ coming online soon too. Ceramics are getting affordable, but if you want steel, do some extra reading..

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If you're going to use Steel, use AR500 Armor, Spartan Armor Systems over AW AR680 any day of the week. I'm getting ready to test the Patriot III+ and CATI has some III+ coming online soon too. Ceramics are getting affordable, but if you want steel, do some extra reading..

View Quote

AR680 is a terrible recommendation.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sound advise.   Was lucky enough to find a one-off Bulletproofme.com's extra large super-light ceramic plates at a very deep discount two days ago.  Bulletproofme, has some interesting things to buy, one can buy surplus or turn in armor to use as targets for the next time you wanting to torture test ballistic armor.  Everyone knows that torture testing ballistic panels is as patriotic a pastime as there is.    

Hope the OP finds the right product for his use at a good price.

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't recommend them. I said use AR500A or SAS, over the AW AR680 If you're going to use steel.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top