Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2016 10:19:10 PM EDT
       What discreet backpacks for an MP-5 or assembled AR-15/M-16 SBR sized firearm exist in the marketplace?  One option is to 'convert' a good quality hiking/camping backpack but, I'm thinking something similar to the Noveske Discreet Backpack must be in the works for all the CZ Scorpions, HK SP-89s and, similar SMG sized firearms.  I am also looking for something that will hold an assembled AR-15/M-16 with something longer than the 10.5"/11.5" variants that fit the Noveske Discreet Backpack.

The only thing I have found so far that 'might' work is the Eberlestock Cherry Bomb for the SMG sized firearms.  Ideally I would find something that looks a lot like a Jansport on the outside but, with construction like the better 'serious' camping backpacks with internal PALS/MOLLE to keep stuff secured.  I'm hoping I don't need to goto a  camping store and get a nice backpack to gut and have new panels of PALS added to achieve what I think I want.  Duffle bags, athletic bags (tennis racquet, golf, baseball bat, etc.) musical instrument cases, and, various construction trade options have a place for some people but, I might be less conspicuous wearing a trench coat and just slinging it over my shoulder in the heat of Summer.  

TIA,

Sid
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Blackhawk has/had their Diversion line of bags and they did have a pack close to the Noveske one.  They aren't on their site anymore but you can still find them in the wild.  I'd like one someday.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry the SUB-2000 in a lime green unipack that screams,"This man has no fashion sense!"
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Not the cheapest solution, but one I have been considering recently is the Arc'Teryx Khard30, which is set up with internal straps and Velcro. Velocity Systems makes a sweet set of molle panels as well as Velcro pouches. They also make a muzzle "tray" for the bottom of the pack.

If you were to go with gray or black it would be pretty discreet. It basically looks like a nice camping-style backpack.

I am leaning towards this for use with a SCAR 16S folded.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want a discreet backpack, go shopping at REI, Big 5, Wally-World or Target. Might even still be some "back to school" sales on this time of year. I use a freebie backpack from Monster Energy to carry a broken-down ARX-100 to and from the range without my neighbors knowing I'm a "gun guy". If you shop for a tactical/gun-oriented backpack, no matter how much they market the "discreet" aspect it will always be more obvious than just putting a gun inside a normal student's backpack from pick-a-big-box-store.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:05:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out the Hazard 4 takedown bag.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Care to mention.....oh I don't know......the brand?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It says "Elite" in the last picture....

http://www.elitesurvival.com/concealment-bags-packs/stealth-covert-operations-rifle-backpack/
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  If you want a discreet backpack, go shopping at REI, Big 5, Wally-World or Target. Might even still be some "back to school" sales on this time of year. I use a freebie backpack from Monster Energy to carry a broken-down ARX-100 to and from the range without my neighbors knowing I'm a "gun guy". If you shop for a tactical/gun-oriented backpack, no matter how much they market the "discreet" aspect it will always be more obvious than just putting a gun inside a normal student's backpack from pick-a-big-box-store.
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.elitesurvival.com/concealment-bags-packs/stealth-covert-operations-rifle-backpack/

Thanks for the link!  I'm not sure I would have found the maker with just that bit of info.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks for the link!  I'm not sure I would have found the maker with just that bit of info.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad it helped. They make good stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top