Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2016 9:56:07 PM EDT
Does anyone know where one can buy the various parts used to make kydex holsters ..... locally?

I don't need the kydex, but everything else. I want to look at, feel, and pick and choose my parts. I want to order 10 of one and 5 of another, not 100 packs from Florida.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Tandy Leather.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont know where you are, but this place has tons of that type of stuff. It would be my first stop.

Fastenal

They sell both huge boxes, or small packets of every type of fastener you can think of. I have ordered lots of off size and weird configurations of things and always had good experiences.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thx, have a fastenall down the street
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#4]
What parts?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Not local, but with the mail as quick as it is, you can't beat this place....
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Blade Tech is in Wa. I used to get supplies direct from them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does anyone know where one can buy the various parts used to make kydex holsters ..... locally?

I don't need the kydex, but everything else. I want to look at, feel, and pick and choose my parts. I want to order 10 of one and 5 of another, not 100 packs from Florida.
View Quote

Depending where you are I wouldn't IMO.  All my lgs sell shitty uncle mikes or blackhawk
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Fastenal had nothing, nor did Tandy leather. Both had some finishing eyelets but they were a shiny silver. No black.

I ended up at a hardware super center local to me, and thing I got enough button screws (in black) with pan head phillips to get the job done. The only compromise I had to make was a countersunk screw for the belt clips. Even the local hardware shop didn't have the finish eyelets in black so pan heads/eyelets can't be used. They didn't have my favorite method which is the countersunk phillips head screws. They did have the allen head countersunk so I went with them.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fastenal had nothing, nor did Tandy leather. Both had some finishing eyelets but they were a shiny silver. No black.

I ended up at a hardware super center local to me, and thing I got enough button screws (in black) with pan head phillips to get the job done. The only compromise I had to make was a countersunk screw for the belt clips. Even the local hardware shop didn't have the finish eyelets in black so pan heads/eyelets can't be used. They didn't have my favorite method which is the countersunk phillips head screws. They did have the allen head countersunk so I went with them.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
View Quote

Buy brass eyelets then finish with Birchwood Casey Brass Black.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top