Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2016 2:24:26 PM EDT
So some of you may know im a hobbiest of many things but i love functional gear probably more than anything. Nothing is worse to me than gear that is cumbersome and not cross functional or modular. I played around with a new bag this weekend and while its probably not a new idea i was pleased with the outcome of a few hours work.

I want a pack i could access on the carrier, easily, without breaking the bank. Not only did i achieve it but i was able to enhance the pack and keep it functional on its on. This can literally be done to any pack and probably any carrier with molle/pals webbing.
Everything be easily accessed by flipping the carrier over the head making even hydration bladder swaps or fill a breeze. Its secure, not cumbersome, and modular.....im loving it.

Vid link https://youtu.be/mfBtq6zX1ww

Rentention system can be buckled together if not using a pack to keep it snagfree.

Thanks and appreciate any comments to make it better.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
If it works for you, go for it.

Personally, the more simple the bag straps are, the better. I'd much rather carry a jansport style/sized backpack that I can take off, get what I need, then put back on.

The problem you'll have to address with your setup is once you get some weight in the bag, then throw a rifle sling over all of it, its going to create some red-flash-blinding, hateful-rage-inducing frustration  while you try to move around in it.

The more clean and simple you can keep things, the better.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
How is it any different with the rifle compared to a regular pack?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:27:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it works for you, go for it.

Personally, the more simple the bag straps are, the better. I'd much rather carry a jansport style/sized backpack that I can take off, get what I need, then put back on.

The problem you'll have to address with your setup is once you get some weight in the bag, then throw a rifle sling over all of it, its going to create some red-flash-blinding, hateful-rage-inducing frustration  while you try to move around in it.

The more clean and simple you can keep things, the better.
View Quote

I agree with you. I picked up a USMC Corpsmen pack and that thing was perfect for fitting a large amount of stuff comfortably over a PC. I was about to get one that mounted on the back but decided against it, because of the amount of time it would take to remove it. I also picked up a Glock backpack that fits perfectly on the back and is a lot smaller. Looks great though OP, I like your overall setup
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:15:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like the First Spear Vertical Envelopment Pack.

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17836&cat=300&page=1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top