Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2016 11:53:03 PM EDT
I have one of the surplus "usmc chest rigs", and while I feel it will serve me for the purpose I need it for, the harness it came with is less than comfortable. i would like to fit a set of X-straps to it, they look simple and could conceivably allow me to streamline my rig if they have pals straps on the fronts. The problem is I cannot find any for sale. Ideally, i would like to get something like the Condor chest rig straps, but something inside my head will not let me buy it just for the straps and then throw it away.

Does anyone sell a set of padded chest rig shoulder straps with pals strips, configurable for a X-harness?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have one of the surplus "usmc chest rigs", and while I feel it will serve me for the purpose I need it for, the harness it came with is less than comfortable. i would like to fit a set of X-straps to it, they look simple and could conceivably allow me to streamline my rig if they have pals straps on the fronts. The problem is I cannot find any for sale. Ideally, i would like to get something like the Condor chest rig straps, but something inside my head will not let me buy it just for the straps and then throw it away.

Does anyone sell a set of padded chest rig shoulder straps with pals strips, configurable for a X-harness?
View Quote

Tactical tailor has some for the MAV that you can buy stand alone.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just as I was publishing my post I thought to try searching for a X-harness and found them. Watching one on eBay, but had a spot of car trouble. My discretionary funds were already a little lean so it might not be in the budget just yet. Thanks for the answer though. :)
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Careful, the straps on those USMC chest rigs (and ACU camo TAPs) are unusual: the shoulder straps also connect directly to the waist strap. You're going to have to get creative with aftermarket straps.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:26:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Careful, the straps on those USMC chest rigs (and ACU camo TAPs) are unusual: the shoulder straps also connect directly to the waist strap. You're going to have to get creative with aftermarket straps.
View Quote

Crap. It looks like the MAV x-harness uses 1.25" straps on the front too. The waist straps would not be hard as the chest rig came with all kinds of buckles and such that are the right width to latch onto the pals webbing on the back.  Looks like I'll just be buying alternative gear then. Which is a shame because the only thing I don't like about the usmc chest rig are the straps.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Try contacting Rory from Kennedy Nylon, I betcha he could custom make exactly what you want for pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Try contacting Rory from Kennedy Nylon, I betcha he could custom make exactly what you want for pretty cheap.
View Quote

He has been messaged, thank you for the referral. I'm also considering next paycheck just outright buying the Condor rig mentioned, but I'm also liking the 5.11 TacTec chest rig as well, especially seeing the nutnfancy review.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top