Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2016 9:10:07 PM EDT
Looking for a bandolier to hold 6 or more pmags (20's or 30's).

I already googled a some options, but would appreciate opinions from those who have already tried a few
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
TAD Gear Bandoleer w/ Fast Mags review

Here's a review of a bandoleer setup... there's even a video that shows how easy it is to access mags w/ the fast mag setup.  The TAD Gear version is out of production but FLYYE Industries makes a knock-off if you're interested.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditch the bandoleer idea and go with an inexpensive bail out / sling bag. If you are going to need 6 mags, you are probably going to need other shit with you.

$20.

I have a 5.11 one and this one as a spare. This one gets the point across for 1/3rd the price. $20 amazon prime.

https://www.amazon.com/SOG-Specialty-Knives-YPM001-008/dp/B00XPV4C7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472181692&sr=8-1&keywords=bail+out+bag
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the inside of the bag look,like? How many mags total?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the inside of the bag look,like? How many mags total?
View Quote

Which bag? The one I gave you the link to?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]
One of these  will hold 10 30 round GI metal mags (but not PMAGS).  I custom sew my own bandoliers, usually 4 or 8 pocket, from one of 5 colors with matching straps of varying lengths depending on caliber, mag style, & size.  These are based on Viet Nam style surplus bandoliers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]
The Amazon bag
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:47:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Amazon bag
View Quote

The amazon bag with the link, info and pictures?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#8]
These are nice, but OP really just wanted a bandolier for PMags...
Don't need pouches.  Don't need a go bag.  Don't need a Pelican.
ETA:  So far, the closest thing I've seen is this:

But I'd like to find something less bulky if possible...maybe without the velcro flaps...

ETA:  Although TUFF makes a 5x Inline that might do the trick

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:05:26 AM EDT
[#9]
How do you see yourself using this?

Why not go with USGI?
$12
http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/ACU-Bandoleer-Ammo-Pouch-New-8465015247309-p/2182.htm
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:15:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Actually - these might even be better, if they're durable...I'm looking for something simple

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:17:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Why not go with USGI?

$12

http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/ACU-Bandoleer-Ammo-Pouch-New-8465015247309-p/2182.htm
View Quote
How do I see myself using it?  Something I can grab on the run, throw over my shoulder, and quickly have access to half-a-dozen mags without fuss.  Thought that was obvious.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How do I see myself using it?  Something I can grab on the run, throw over my shoulder, and quickly have access to half-a-dozen mags without fuss.  Thought that was obvious.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not go with USGI?
$12

I use the USMC version of the MOLLE bandoleer, it's coyote colored and has molle webbing on the back side. Fits 6 Pmags.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I use the USMC version of the MOLLE bandoleer, it's coyote colored and has molle webbing on the back side. Fits 6 Pmags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not go with USGI?

$12

Does it take Pmags?  Will the mags stay in even if the flaps are open?

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not go with USGI?
$12

Protip, they will if you run shock cord or even a huge rubber band around the bandoleer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I have been using the bandos that hold the stripper clips. Pull the white string out and you can fit mags in them. Best part is they are free, and I usually can get more than I will ever use and stripper clips every time we go to the range since they normally just trash them.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have been using the bandos that hold the stripper clips. Pull the white string out and you can fit mags in them. Best part is they are free, and I usually can get more than I will ever use and stripper clips every time we go to the range since they normally just trash them.  
View Quote
I never see these...

The only ammo I have on stripper clips is some Wally World 855 that came in cardboard boxes inside an ammo can.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I never see these...
The only ammo I have on stripper clips is some Wally World 855 that came in cardboard boxes inside an ammo can.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never see these...

Google GI 4 pocket bandoleer. They sell on Amazon and EBay regularly.  I fit 8 hex mags in one so PMAGs shouldn't be an issue. You won't have any retention on them or be quick to draw from. I use mine purely for storage.

How many do you need? I might have some extras in all my mil gear down in the basement. Gotta go through it all soon anyways, moving at the end of the year.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:58:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Google GI 4 pocket bandoleer. They sell on Amazon and EBay regularly.  I fit 8 hex mags in one so PMAGs shouldn't be an issue. You won't have any retention on them or be quick to draw from. I use mine purely for storage.

How many do you need? I might have some extras in all my mil gear down in the basement. Gotta go through it all soon anyways, moving at the end of the year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never see these...

PM sent

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not go with USGI?
$12

Mine fit two Pmags with covers per pocket, you have to stretch the flaps over and snap them at first but after sitting in a hot car a couple days they stretch out. Now they fit two pmags fine. You can also buy a snap set and add snaps to the flaps to make it easier, I didn't because that adds cost. The molle bandoleers have deep pockets unlike mag pouches so the mags won't fall out if the flaps are left open and if one mag is removed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#20]
I do not use a bandoleer - I can get 5 PMAGs into MOLLE II Canteen/Utility Pouch.  I put a strap on it

https://www.amazon.com/Official-Military-Canteen-Utility-Pouch/dp/B0039D6RHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472428541&sr=8-1&keywords=canteen+pouch

Also a write up on this site

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=426597
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I do not use a bandoleer - I can get 5 PMAGs into MOLLE II Canteen/Utility Pouch.  I put a strap on it

https://www.amazon.com/Official-Military-Canteen-Utility-Pouch/dp/B0039D6RHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472428541&sr=8-1&keywords=canteen+pouch

Also a write up on this site

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=426597
View Quote
Interesting.  Good improvise / adapt !

ETA:  Similar to your thread, I already have one set up with a nalgene canteen, stove, cup, lid, and water purification in my BOB.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I use a USGI MOLLE bandolier for my patrol rifle at work.  I added some fastex to it to make a waist strap.  

Here's a write up about it

MOLLE Bandolier modifications
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I use a USGI MOLLE bandolier for my patrol rifle at work.  I added some fastex to it to make a waist strap.  

Here's a write up about it

MOLLE Bandolier modifications
View Quote
Thanks - Nice adaptation also, but I kinda want at least 6 Pmags

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:09:20 AM EDT
[#24]
I wish someone made a pistol mag holder. Maybe at least 10!
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I wish someone made a pistol mag holder. Maybe at least 10!
View Quote
Tuff makes what you seek.  http://www.tuffproducts.com/7010-10-in-line-shoot-n-store-magazine-pouch/

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I have some from Olongapo Outfitters.
I have one for AR's, one for my Colt 9mm mags, one for my Scar 17.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
Nice, I like it.....but, more than twice the price of the MidwayUSA version just to get a waist belt?

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Modified usgi

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nice, I like it.....but, more than twice the price of the MidwayUSA version just to get a waist belt?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technically it is almost 3x as much, and the waist belt is extra  The Midway one looks like a good value. Some of the reviews question how durable it may be.  It is also made in China v. USA for Oloongopoo if that matters to you
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#30]
K1rodeoboater is a righteous Arfcommer

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

K1rodeoboater is a righteous Arfcommer

View Quote

Nah just a pack rat who acquires reusable dunnage every range we go to. I've got boxes of stripper clips and spoons in additions to bandos for M249, M240, and M4s of course.

I repurpose most of the stuff for work. The 249 bandos work really well for holding some of my equipment, and I keep a M4 bando of 30rd mags and 2 smoke grenades in my assault pack when deployed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top