Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2016 12:34:46 AM EDT
Ok im ready to go for it and can't decide i was set on the PIG but that is only because it's a newer design and seems to get alot of praise.

I like the idea of having a velcro front to attach velcro backed pre set up panels ,but have no idea if they can "both" do that in some way or form..

Also im not keen on the smaller 10x12 plates that have become the size standard would like to able to use or have the option to "size up" inside the carrier..

It's between these two.

I owned a Banshee in the past but found it too small for my liking with limited real estate and limited to 10x12 plates

I want to own my "keeper" carrier and be done with it..

..Some suggestions from some of you guys that actually have some real time spent in both would be greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:41:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a PIG with Large SAPI plates in it.  It really is pretty comfortable.  There's definitely enough be room in the front and back plate pouches for XL plates if you need something that big, although they will stick out the bottom by an inch or so, but the flap is plenty long enough to hold them.  For comparison, I'm 6'0" and wear a size 46 suit coat.  Probably could have gone with Medium or Medium-Long plates and still had good enough coverage while saving a little weight, but better safe than dead.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:56:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm using a PIG PC and don't have a bad thing to say about it.  Practical, comfy and gets the job done.

No experience with the other FWIW.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#3]
You can accommodate various sizes and geometries with the plates
The PIG design predates the banshee. But is still the far superior design in terms of functionality, adjustability and build quality over the banshee.

That said, what is you motivator?   You'll find that Mayflowers are design to be accommodating specific sizes and geometries of plates

Their build quality is first rate and only recently have I found that their Scarab LT pc is a neck and neck competitor to the PIG in MY view
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top