Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2016 11:07:16 PM EDT
I've been searching for a good solution to carry magazines for my newly-acquired CZ scorpion.

They're translucent polymer, and wider than any standard pistol or Uzi/MP5 magazines, so finding any old off-the-shelf pouch is a bit tricky.

Brainstorming, I had a thought- aren't Mp7 magazines a bit larger than 9mm subgun mags?
I started searching, and low-and-behold Eagle made some of their Kydex-lined FB pouches for the Mp7 a while back. (most likely for NSW)
You can get the desert camo AOR1 pouches for ludicrous scalper prices....... Or the apparently less-desirable woodland digital AOR2 ones for a song.
Sweet, I like that pattern anyway.

A little eBaying later, it arrived.

A little thinner left-to-right, and a little too long front-to-back for the Scorpion mags.
But remember, Kydex is malleable when heated.
So into the oven they went - 175 degrees, checking it every 5 minutes.

After about 15 minutes, into the pouch the mags go, and.....

Niiiiccceeeeee. I slid it in and wiggled it out a few times (awwwww yeeeeahhhhhh ) while it cooled down and the final shape set.
I'm very happy with the retention and ease of draw. The 30-round mags work like a champ, the 20s are too short and there's nothing to grasp.

A simple, quick project- I just figured I'd share with the gang here. Maybe someone can benefit from this info.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool

I don't have a CZ Scorpion but, I'm sure this will be helpful to someone that does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top