Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2016 8:31:01 AM EDT
 What is the absolute Thinnest, Concealable body armor available?  I need Under the shirt armor that is not 2-3" thick and makes me look even fatter than I am. I see some LEO's wearing something that is very thin, is it plate armor? If so, what is the lightest out there?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]

I don't have the specs on hand but the Point Blank Alpha Elite Black seems like it might fit that bill.  I have been wearing the regular old Alpha Elite IIIA every day for the last 4 years and it feels pretty thin and light already compared to my older issued vests.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't recommend anything specific but all the vests that deputies that I work with wear is a soft body armor under their uniform shirt.  Very max is 1/2".  Nothing near 2 or 3 inch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top