Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2016 6:34:39 AM EDT

So I find myself with some leftover SAPI-style IIIA soft armor panels and some IIIA cummerbund inserts after downsizing and reorganizing my gear, and I don't really have anything to do with them. Does anyone make a strictly soft armor carrier that takes SAPI-style panels? Bonus points if it can fit the cummerbund inserts too! Just looking for a simple no frills carrier, a-la police under-the-uniform style.

EDIT: Something like this would be perfect, just not for $200+
http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17835&cat=272&page=1  

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Can't think of anything off the top of my head. I've heard that Beez custom services are pretty user friendly.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]

I'd say that any slick, tight-fitting carrier would foot the bill - especially if the carrier is made to carry a standardized plate size.  The stretchy material in the plate pocket of the Crye JPC would probably hold backers well without sagging.  But youll need to scour the used market to stay in budget.  The SKD Brigandine might also be perfect if your backers are truly ESAPI shaped.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
In your situation, I would use them as backers for rifle plates or sell them to fund something else.

If you want a police/concealable type vest, don't waste any more energy trying to re-invent the wheel, and just go buy that style of vest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top