Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2016 5:44:00 PM EDT
Hi All,

Can anyone confirm for sure that a 2.5" ALICE pistol belt will fit inside the ATS war belt?  I've seen some mention of this being the case, but I want to confirm it for sure as that seems to conflict with what is printed on the product description.  If so, I might be in the market for one in black or green in a small/medium size.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it will, but you're really better off with a velcro inner belt to reduce sliding.

I know I've used ALICE buckles (cut off a old "fatass extension") on a Safariland police belt inside an ATS outer belt. The ATS inner belt is limp noodle.

I can check when I get home. If you really need to know, remind me (IM) on Friday and I'll check.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  I'd appreciate you checking for sure.  Looks like my belt is actually 2.25", NOT 2.5".
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#3]
You are asking for trouble using an ALICE belt in a warbelt.

Just use the ALICE belt as intended or save up to get a quality, velcro lined belt to go inside the ATS.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Got it.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I just played around with it (without taking out the ATS inner belt).

The buckles on an ALICE belt are an extremely tight fit; I couldn't get them in, but it would probably work if I pulled out the ATS inner belt.

Overall bad idea. The ATS inner belt is cheap, and even a Condor inner belt would be a better option.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#6]
You can try the Blackhawk or Eagle Duty Belt in 2" Scuba Webbing, still cheap to find

Re: Ebay Rigger Belts: Beware buying on ebay, there are Chinese made copies of the Austri Alpin Cobra Buckle rigger belts for under $20, the buckles are not heat-treated aircraft aluminum alloy, they are some cast 1200-series aluminium, are not rated for life support equipment.  And Rescue Rigger Belts with a cast quick fit adapter buckle and  separate V ring or V Ring integral with the quick fit adapter buckle for hasty rapells, for under $15.    
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I used one in my ATS belt....It was far less than optimal...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top