BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would really like to buy the new version, but I am afraid it wouldn't fit me. There's little to no adjustment on these, correct? Along with the astronomical pricing the lack of adjustment capability makes little sense to me.
View Quote

there is plenty of height adjustment, IMO. I am 6-2 and it fit well, just didn't like how it fit. I could throw on my mayflower in 5 seconds, the d3crx - not so much.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

there is plenty of height adjustment, IMO. I am 6-2 and it fit well, just didn't like how it fit. I could throw on my mayflower in 5 seconds, the d3crx - not so much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would really like to buy the new version, but I am afraid it wouldn't fit me. There's little to no adjustment on these, correct? Along with the astronomical pricing the lack of adjustment capability makes little sense to me.

but it mates up with the buckles on the mayflower APC
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ya know... i didn't even think of trying that out. however wifey has claimed it...
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the different pouches but I like the original harness better than x harnesses.

How do either of you know this?

Tried the X harness?

I have the H harness... and I damn near max out the adjustment to get it to the right spot.

Obviously not an issue when I clip it onto the PC, but would prefer the X harness I'd think.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Same.

The stuffit is perfect for a tourniquet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I interfaced mine into my armor.  I get more uses out of the Stuffit pouch, YMMV.

Same here. Sits on the front of a Banshee.

Same.

No way. Even cinched all the way down it's probably too big for a tourniquet. You could probably fit four of them in there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have and love the original D3CR.

But as stated, it sits too low on the chest with the harness. I rarely use the harness for this very reason. I usually just keep it on my Mayflower APC with Swiftclips. Occasionally will run it with the Haley Flatpack which sits it higher on the chest if the Flatpack has a bladder or other bulk in it to serve as an offset or counterweight.

Would be interested in buying just the X harness if it becomes available, to see if it will solve the issue of riding too low with the original harness.

Not currently offered on HSPs site, but if they put them up or Eggroll from EGL makes them available,
I'm in for one.
View Quote

HSP please make the X harness available separately.

A good number of us are having trouble making the H harness work well. A non-profitable low price for those of us wishing to replace the H one would be nice!
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ya know... i didn't even think of trying that out. however wifey has claimed it...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No like they are made for eachother. Travis Haley stated the d3 chest rig are made for the mayflower APC
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#8]
For those of you that are having adjustment issues with the d3cr, if you mate the chest rig with a flat pack you can adjust the fit much higher up onto your chest.

The rats tourniquets ride just behind my head and the gps and push to talk mic ride right above the rifle stock when its shouldered. The tops of the rifle mags are about 3 inches below the top of my plate and the buckles on the carrier that normally attach the rig to the carrier then ride behind the chest rigs velcro panel. So it ends up a few inches higher than when mated to the plate carrier directly. When worn without armor it lands in about the same spot on my chest as when buckled into the plate carrier directly without the pack. Storage capacity and added benefit of water on the rig are also a huge plus for myself as well as the much better fit and ride height.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No way. Even cinched all the way down it's probably too big for a tourniquet. You could probably fit four of them in there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I interfaced mine into my armor.  I get more uses out of the Stuffit pouch, YMMV.

Same here. Sits on the front of a Banshee.

Same.

What tourniquet do you have in yours?  Because the CAT in mine fits like a glove.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Astronomical pricing?  Not really

But if you can mass produce these to my specifications within or below the cost points and BOM for the D3cr here in the US
In quantity out of us materials then I will throw some production business to you within this coming week, otherwise you may want to guage where your pricing vs product expertise lies

As far as components go, supporting accessories and customized shoulder harnesse options have been available from -EGL in support of those clients who found the stock harnesses out of their particular size regime for quite sometime now.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Astronomical pricing?  Not really

But if you can mass produce these to my specifications within or below the cost points and BOM for the D3cr here in the US
In quantity out of us materials then I will throw some production business to you within this coming week, otherwise you may want to guage where your pricing vs product expertise lies

As far as components go, supporting accessories and customized shoulder harnesse options have been available from -EGL in support of those clients who found the stock harnesses out of their particular size regime for quite sometime now.

View Quote

i am not sure if this is directed towards me. if you're the manufacturer of this item, a less defensive approach would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Eggroll owns EGL Labs and designs and builds the stuff for Haley, his own stuff, and does custom work too.

Egg, what's the word on getting a X harness for use with the original D3CR?

A lot of us feel the original H harness doesn't adjust enough to get the rig high enough on the chest.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't see the issue with the price. Is it expensive? Yes. But I'd rather pay that extra little bit for a well built product than pay a bit less and have a few corners cut. Plus, it's always nice supporting jobs in the US.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 12:45:40 AM EDT
[#15]
556tex

I address those who get in touch with me in order to get a tailored suspension for their particular configuration whether an off the shelf from HSP or a custom unit that I personally have stitched for them.

Dodo,
Defensive, not in the slightest :). But it tickles me pink that certain segments think they have a line on how much something *should" be as opposed to reality of the matter.

If you want to choose a cheaper option, by all means do so, I will also be the first to tell those folks who may have the slightest doubt about  the suitability of a particular configuration fits their need to choose the other, because really that doubt will increaseaand cloud their judgement against the chosen platform vice really adjudicating the rigor of their requirements.

Because at the end of the day, true understanding of one's requirements instead of following popular trends and bandwagon jumps will point one to the correct course of action.   I would prefer that they find their choice after serious and informative contentions vice not having done their due diligence

Good luck in the hunt

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 12:50:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Email me or check out extremegearlabs on Instagram to keep apprised of new and current configurations
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#17]
How much of a PITA is getting those HEDPs out of those bungees in between the GP pouches?
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Dang I didn't know EGL even existed until this thread.  The three mag chest rig looks justtttt right.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
556tex

I address those who get in touch with me in order to get a tailored suspension for their particular configuration whether an off the shelf from HSP or a custom unit that I personally have stitched for them.

Dodo,
Defensive, not in the slightest :). But it tickles me pink that certain segments think they have a line on how much something *should" be as opposed to reality of the matter.

If you want to choose a cheaper option, by all means do so, I will also be the first to tell those folks who may have the slightest doubt about  the suitability of a particular configuration fits their need to choose the other, because really that doubt will increaseaand cloud their judgement against the chosen platform vice really adjudicating the rigor of their requirements.

Because at the end of the day, true understanding of one's requirements instead of following popular trends and bandwagon jumps will point one to the correct course of action.   I would prefer that they find their choice after serious and informative contentions vice not having done their due diligence

Good luck in the hunt

View Quote

im a buy once cry once guy, but i'd also say an ACOG is expensive even though I've owned one....
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#20]

After this thread, and the resultant lightbulb, I stuck on one of these I had lying around.  After the addition of a couple ITW buckles it seems to work fine and I can get the CR to ride much higher.

PIG Brig Harness

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dang I didn't know EGL even existed until this thread.  The three mag chest rig looks justtttt right.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:23:49 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.extremegearlabs.com/images/vocr3RH250.jpg

That's just the default configuration, if you want the pockets reordered in placement you could spec it out in the order combination you like to see.  And yes, I sewed that myself ;-)
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#23]
i am going to run this in a match tomorrow so I'll report back.  After my initially overcoming the bias towards my mayflower, I am warming up to the rig, just not the X-harness. I wish haley sold the H-Harness for it as the one from my mayflower does not fit the buckles.

EDIT: so i spent 8 hours wearing the rig and from a speed perspective I like it. From a comfort perspective, the straps were often digging into my next and i had to re-adjust often. If I can score a haley h-harness all will be right with this setup. It's light, minimalist and holds all the mags well even though i wasnt using the shock cord
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey guys, is it just me or has the original D3CR dried up? Are they discontinued?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Still available on the HSP page.

ETA: Also, for those of us that were interested,  the X Harness is offered for sale by itself on their site now too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Still available on the HSP page.

ETA: Also, for those of us that were interested,  the X Harness is offered for sale by itself on their site now too.
View Quote

Only in select colors. Ebay usually has a bunch and all I could find were the Russian knock-offs.

Email sent to HSP.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Received this today.

XXXXX,

Yes the original D3CR has been phased out for the updated D3CRX based on feedback and customer demand.

Take care,
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got my D3CRX in today. It's a nice little setup. I kinda wish they had stuck with the StuffIt pouch actually, as I really liked that on the D3 my friend let me try. I will say that I like the X harness better. It seems to have more adjustment, although I wish they had included a retention device for the extra length of the straps. Can't wait to get it to the range to try it out in some drills.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just got my D3CRX in today. It's a nice little setup. I kinda wish they had stuck with the StuffIt pouch actually, as I really liked that on the D3 my friend let me try. I will say that I like the X harness better. It seems to have more adjustment, although I wish they had included a retention device for the extra length of the straps. Can't wait to get it to the range to try it out in some drills.
View Quote

I think the original D3CR with the X harness is the best combo. Too bad they discontinued the original D3CR. I wonder if .mil personnel had input and wanted the four pistol pouches in the front.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think the original D3CR with the X harness is the best combo. Too bad they discontinued the original D3CR. I wonder if .mil personnel had input and wanted the four pistol pouches in the front.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder that as well. I haven't decided what to put in the last pistol pouch, whereas I can think of loads of stuff I would have put in the stuffit pouch. Still, a nicely put together rig.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#32]
The stuffit is alive and well ;)  stay tuned
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

After reading this thread, I skipped going to Haley and ordered the three mag rig direct from Eggroll.

Looking forward to getting it for a carbine class.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

After reading this thread, I skipped going to Haley and ordered the three mag rig direct from Eggroll.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does EGL interface with the flatpack well? Are the buckles in the same place as the D3cr?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Does the D3CR attach easily to the SOHPC?  I am trying to figure out the best configuration for my carrier from the group buy.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#36]
after reading through this thread, I'm putting my D3 in mandrake on the EE right now for anyone interested.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Received Eggrolls'  3 mag rig and it is great.

Very well made, and used it in a carbine course today.

Thanks Eggroll!
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#38]
My D3RCX came in Friday along with my HSP sub gun case (sans hook and loop hold downs ) and a tactical hi-lighter.

First experience with Haley's gear.... seems like quality stuff.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#39]
just received my DCR X in black multicam.  I've got a DCR 1.0 but went with the DCR X for this one.  Like the pouch/pocket set up and as usual great kit from Haley Strategic.multicam black
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
just received my DCR X in black multicam.  I've got a DCR 1.0 but went with the DCR X for this one.  Like the pouch/pocket set up and as usual great kit from Haley Strategic.multicam black
View Quote

Got the same rig and color along with the mp2 inserts, absolutely love this rig after running it all day at a carbine course in the rain. Pregnant wife agrees it's comfortable
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep... I like mine A 3x Mag rig EGL made me.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top