Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
What's different from the original? Other than the X of course.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I see the pouches have changed.

Is there any real advantage to the criss cross on the back?

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The NEW Disruptive Environments™ Chest Rig X has been redesigned to improve comfort, storage capabilities and work seamlessly with D3CR accessories. The X harness was added for comfort and ultimate adjustability. The addition of 2 Multi-Mission pouches allows the rig to be more streamlined and carry mission essentials where they count. The full field of velcro allows the rig to be outfitted with the latest D3CR accessories as well as assist in the full contact connection with plate carriers. Just like it's predecessor, it is designed and optimized for work in urban, vehicle, rural and other confined settings.

Driven by mission versatility.
When used as a stand alone, the platform is low profile enough to be worn fully loaded and not print on a normal/loose fit jacket or sweatshirt. When used on a armor platform with a quick release system, such as SwiftClips™, it can be attached or stowed in seconds, giving the end user the versatility to transition from low vis to high vis or vice versa.

The rifle magazine pouches accept AR type magazines as well as AK 7.62 x39mm and 5.45 x 39 magazines. The Multi-Mission Pouches accept 1911, Glock, Sig, M&P, XD and other standard double or single stack pistol magazines, as well as many handheld lights, multi-tools, and 37mm/40mm grenades.  

The rig intentionally does not include a radio or dedicated full size medical pouch so no matter the posture, essentials such as communications and medical kits can remain on the end user at all times
View Quote

From Website.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm.

To FO or not to FO... that is the question.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the different pouches but I like the original harness better than x harnesses.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Had the D3CR and sold it. Good solid chest rig, but the H harness lack of adjustment made the rig sit too low. In fact, a lot of pictures I've seen of the D3CR have the rig low.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 1:27:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I interfaced mine into my armor.  I get more uses out of the Stuffit pouch, YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:37:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I interfaced mine into my armor.  I get more uses out of the Stuffit pouch, YMMV.
View Quote

Same here. Sits on the front of a Banshee.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't have any experience with this rig, but it seems like the H harness would be more comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't have any experience with this rig, but it seems like the H harness would be more comfortable.
View Quote

Apparently their is more room for adjustment on the X harness
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely. X harness straps adjust independently and are more adjustment friendly. Without the rear "bridge", you can adjust the rig as high or low as you want. With D3 rig, adjusting the the straps so the rig sat higher, lowered the bridge to my mid back. Adjusting the rig too low to fit larger folks, the bridge will hit your neck.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same.

The stuffit is perfect for a tourniquet.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Absolutely. X harness straps adjust independently and are more adjustment friendly. Without the rear "bridge", you can adjust the rig as high or low as you want. With D3 rig, adjusting the the straps so the rig sat higher, lowered the bridge to my mid back. Adjusting the rig too low to fit larger folks, the bridge will hit your neck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense now
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#15]
For a guy happily set with his SOE chest rigs, I do really like the look of the new model. I wonder, since I use both .308 and 5.56 - and I normally have separate chest rigs for each - will the 5.56 mags work OK in the Heavy chest rig pouches, or will they just be too loose?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For a guy happily set with his SOE chest rigs, I do really like the look of the new model. I wonder, since I use both .308 and 5.56 - and I normally have separate chest rigs for each - will the 5.56 mags work OK in the Heavy chest rig pouches, or will they just be too loose?
View Quote

Good question. I wonder if the mp2 inserts would make that work?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What exactly are the mp2 inserts? Something made by HSP?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like that's a yes.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like that's a yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhGo7aOOWyc

I love the way this site works sometimes....everyone helping out. Thanks! I may just get one of those Heavies.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Have and love the original D3CR.

But as stated, it sits too low on the chest with the harness. I rarely use the harness for this very reason. I usually just keep it on my Mayflower APC with Swiftclips. Occasionally will run it with the Haley Flatpack which sits it higher on the chest if the Flatpack has a bladder or other bulk in it to serve as an offset or counterweight.

Would be interested in buying just the X harness if it becomes available, to see if it will solve the issue of riding too low with the original harness.

Not currently offered on HSPs site, but if they put them up or Eggroll from EGL makes them available,
I'm in for one.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:05:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Looking forward to checking out this D3CR-X rig once it's available.

I was about to pick up the original D3CR in a couple of weeks.  Now I'll wait to see how this new one performs.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was about to pick up the original D3CR in a couple of weeks.  Now I'll wait to see how this new one performs.

View Quote

They're available now.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup as stated. Already available.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:14:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you mount to a banshee? Are there buckles on the banshee?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I bought the plate carrier mounting set from Down Range Gear.

I tried to follow video that shows how to use the inner cummerbund parts but the stitching on my banshee sucks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you mount to a banshee? Are there buckles on the banshee?

I bought the plate carrier mounting set from Down Range Gear.

I tried to follow video that shows how to use the inner cummerbund parts but the stitching on my banshee sucks

Can you post a pic and maybe a link?  Thanks man
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like that's a yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhGo7aOOWyc

Ah...so basically a KYWI type retention
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ah...so basically a KYWI type retention
View Quote

Basically.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Is it just me or are their chest rigs overpriced?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I'd say so.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

To a point yes...but...
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

It used to be that you could get them for around $150, which I feel was a better price. They also had sales that brought the price to around the original release price, but now it seems like it's mostly free shipping when they're on "sale".

I don't think it's quite worth $180, but it's designed nicely. I think once the cool guys started using them, they upped the price.

It looks like you could purchase the X straps and swap them out with the H straps rather than buy a new chest rig, unless you like the new pouch layout (which I don't).

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#35]
owned a D3CR and loved it... had it stolen. Have a mayflower right now. I like it a lot, however I may try one of these out....
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

http://www.haleystrategic.com/image/cache/catalog/ChestRigs/HSP-141-Edit-1000x1000.jpg
View Quote

Complete non-sequitur, what's the magazine base on the pictured magazines?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.haleystrategic.com/image/cache/catalog/ChestRigs/HSP-141-Edit-1000x1000.jpg

Good question
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Good question
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good question

Looks like CTT Solutions Mag Caps.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good question

That's it, thank you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#40]
ok, so i ordered one. this is to replace the D3CR that was stolen from me early this year. Ill post up pics and a review when i get it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

But as stated, it sits too low on the chest with the harness. I rarely use the harness for this very reason. I usually just keep it on my Mayflower APC with Swiftclips. Occasionally will run it with the Haley Flatpack which sits it higher on the chest if the Flatpack has a bladder or other bulk in it to serve as an offset or counterweight.

Would be interested in buying just the X harness if it becomes available, to see if it will solve the issue of riding too low with the original harness.

Not currently offered on HSPs site, but if they put them up or Eggroll from EGL makes them available,
I'm in for one.
View Quote

This is me exactly.  The D3CR sits too low on me and interferes with my duty belt.  There were a couple pics out there of guys responding to the Dallas LEO murders and their chest rigs sat on or laid over parts of the duty gear.  I put an old random X harness on mine to keep it higher but would consider a HS X harness if they sell em separately.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:02:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This is me exactly.  The D3CR sits too low on me and interferes with my duty belt.  There were a couple pics out there of guys responding to the Dallas LEO murders and their chest rigs sat on or laid over parts of the duty gear.  I put an old random X harness on mine to keep it higher but would consider a HS X harness if they sell em separately.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in for one.

Apparently they are, according to their facebook comments
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone know if he plans on releasing one is gray?
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#44]
just got the D3CRx in the mail. overall impressions are good, however the X harness i find hard to get on and situated. I much prefer the H harness on my mayflower and my old (stolen) D3CR. It sits at a perfect height for me.

It's well built, but at least $50 more then it should be (and i didnt even get any swag with the order, but it did ship hella fast). The Mayflower I have has much more to offer space-wise and was $120.

I'll post up some pics once i get it all loaded up.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
just got the D3CRx in the mail. overall impressions are good, however the X harness i find hard to get on and situated. I much prefer the H harness on my mayflower and my old (stolen) D3CR. It sits at a perfect height for me.

It's well built, but at least $50 more then it should be (and i didnt even get any swag with the order, but it did ship hella fast). The Mayflower I have has much more to offer space-wise and was $120.

View Quote

Interesting. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Interesting. Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Thanks

ok, here are some pics.

I prefer the H harness on my mayflower to this new X harness big time. I find it hard to get on and off. Once its on it takes time to ensure it's an X behind your head and not a twisted ball of fabric.

build quality is good. There is more room between mags then on my mayflower which allows me to get my large hands onto a mag quicker and more securely, however the pistol mag pouches IMO are too small for a G17 mag... unless you want to use a lot of strength to draw it out even after moving the shock cord.

I am going to set it up for my wife as it fits her better then me. I will hang onto my mayflower for sure.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Nice, thanks, DoDo.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks. I still think it works out for attaching to plate carriers best imo.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Thanks. I still think it works out for attaching to plate carriers best imo.
View Quote

yeah. i would opt for that route. I played with it on my banshee, but i'll opt to set it up for my bride.

also - to add, the straps are NOT multicam, but coyote. good quality but for $185, i'd expect more.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:46:14 AM EDT
[#50]
I would really like to buy the new version, but I am afraid it wouldn't fit me. There's little to no adjustment on these, correct? Along with the astronomical pricing the lack of adjustment capability makes little sense to me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top