Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2016 11:07:30 PM EDT
Gents,

I'm in the process of putting together a new minimalist belt.

I normally run a VTAC Brokos and have been happy with it.

I like having the ability to weave regular holsters onto the inner Cobra belt and have had Kydex holsters made for each pistol that I run and just interchange as needed.

I am now working on building a lower profile belt and just ordered a Tyr Gunfighter. Planning on using Esstac double AR and double pistol KYWIs, a dump pouch, and an LBT-9022B Blowout kit.

Instead of running the Kydex holsters I have been running, I decided to step up to a Safariland 6004.

The choices and model numbers there are mind boggling.

I'm planning to use it for a standard GI model 1911.

I found a really good deal on a new coyote 6004 SS ( I believe that's single strap, which should be a plus) but it looks like it's for a Springfield Operator.

I think the model number is 6004-SS-56-761-SP10-NH

Everything is paid for and ordered but nothing is on hand yet. So there's not really a lot of room for change here.

Can you guys tell me if my regular GI model 1911 will fit ok in this holster?

Praying the answer is yes.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll be fine. Once you get it and have time to play with it, consider ditching the thigh rig hardware and go with this mid-ride belt loop. WAY.. WAY more comfortable.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/safariland-mid-ride-belt-loop-adapter-ubl-style-belt-loop-only-mid-ride-drop-ubl-2in.html
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:03:04 AM EDT
[#2]
double tap
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent!! Much thanks, brother!

Will I need any additional hardware to swap that out? Bolts, screws, etc? Anything else? Or will I have everything needed to make the switch?

And will it fit on the Gunfighter belt ok? I believe the Gunfighter is a 2" belt and it looks like this adapter is 2 inches but just need reassurance it will fit ok.

Really appreciate your help!
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:35:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Your existing setup has what you need. I can't recall if the new adapter comes with extra hardware.

1.5-2" belts work fine.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:45:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Got it, thanks!

I'm gonna go ahead and order it now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Sounds like you placed your order already.  

That said, the CS at Safariland have always been really easy to work with as far as gun fitment and product numbers.  Somehow that 20 year old, cute college girl sounding voice knew the difference between the X300 and X300 ultra and P228 and P229???

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Safarilands website actually has a great "find what fits" menu for just about every gun out there. If you put in your gun with whatever options (light or no light, colors, texture) it will give you the model number. You can also download their full dealer fit guide which tells you how to read the numbers and what options are available.

If you want specific options, sometimes its easier to configure it with their dealer book, then just call a retailer and give them the full number and let them order exactly what you want instead of buying something "close" and then swapping parts.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Unless you have a wonky pistol and light combo, watching EE and ebay for a few days will usually turn up a used model at half the price. I stick with boring glock/surefire combos, so its easy to find.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:50:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I found a deal on a 6004 holster when I bought my M9 a few weeks ago.

I normally use the 6378, but the price on this was too good to pass up, and all I wanted it for was to attach it to my spare mid-ride UBL and run my riggers belt through it for a quick, Bump In The Night lightweight setup.

I gotta say, for me - and opinions vary like assholes - but as soon as I got it all set up and tried it i out, I hated the 6004. It stuck much too far out compared to the 6378 and mounts weirdly to the UBL. Almost offset if you can imagine - the bottom of the holster really dug into my leg.

Now, I am looking for a deal on a FDE 6378 for an M9 to replace the 6004.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top