Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2016 5:29:16 PM EDT
I currently only own a Stormrider Gear 1.5" Warlord belt. You can't view the specs on their page right now because they are halting orders until they are caught up. But it's 1.5" woven nylon, very stiff and a great edc and cc belt. It is just velvro, no buckle at all. I took a pistol class a few weeks ago and it was great for just my kydex holster and kydex double pistol mag holder. I rented a chest rig to carry AR mags during the carbine section of the class. I am taking a two day course in a few weeks where I know we will run transition drills and I don't have the option of renting a chest rig to carry AR mags in this instance.

Do you guys think I should spend ~$200 and get a padded two belt system like the HSGI Sure Grip or Slim Grip (Sure/Slim Grip plus Rigger Belt)? Or should I just grab a couple belt mount AR tacos and throw them on my current belt along with the kydex holster and kydex double pistol mag holder? I am hesitant to do that, thinking the tacos will flop around when loaded and I am moving around. I would hate to spend ~$65 on a couple belt mount tacos, just to realize I don't like them after the class and buy a sure grip setup and have to buy molle tacos. Any suggestions welcome, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
My warlord belt is not velcro-lined, it just uses only velcro instead of a buckle for ease of use in appendix carry.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I currently only own a Stormrider Gear 1.5" Warlord belt. You can't view the specs on their page right now because they are halting orders until they are caught up. But it's 1.5" woven nylon, very stiff and a great edc and cc belt. It is just velvro, no buckle at all. I took a pistol class a few weeks ago and it was great for just my kydex holster and kydex double pistol mag holder. I rented a chest rig to carry AR mags during the carbine section of the class. I am taking a two day course in a few weeks where I know we will run transition drills and I don't have the option of renting a chest rig to carry AR mags in this instance.

Do you guys think I should spend ~$200 and get a padded two belt system like the HSGI Sure Grip or Slim Grip (Sure/Slim Grip plus Rigger Belt)? Or should I just grab a couple belt mount AR tacos and throw them on my current belt along with the kydex holster and kydex double pistol mag holder? I am hesitant to do that, thinking the tacos will flop around when loaded and I am moving around. I would hate to spend ~$65 on a couple belt mount tacos, just to realize I don't like them after the class and buy a sure grip setup and have to buy molle tacos. Any suggestions welcome, thanks.
View Quote

I've got a HSGI Sure Grip and don't even bother wearing a pants belt with it.  It grips well enough a "sub belt" has never been needed.  I picked up an AWS Inner/Outer Belt and really enjoy it as a lower profile option compared ot the Sure Grip.  I would like to get my hands on a slim grip belt and try that out as well.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:40:55 AM EDT
[#3]
There is no way that I would use a belt without a click-in, locking buckle. Despite the hate on here, my SOE belt is hands-down one of the best belts made. HSGI comes really close, though, if not just as tough. If you attach a holstered pistol, extra pistol mags, rifle mags, or both, then you need a solid buckle such as Cobra style or Duty style buckle to secure your gear.

Also those big MOLLE belts are hot, bulky and uncomfortable. As good as HSGI is, I'd opt for a different brand such as Snaker Eater Tactical. Or even just a regular 2" duty belt from any of the high-end various manufactures we talk about here in this subform. There are even a could of 1.75" and 2" duty belts with MOLLE loops on the outside and/or inside and velcro to help stick to a velcro pants belt. Look at the Emdom USA CM belt for an option like that.

Alot of it is trial and error until you find a manner of wearing and using your gear that you are comfortable with. Kudos for going out and getting dirty with you gear. You'll figure out in short order what works for you. But seriously....use a belt that has buckle!
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback. I definitely want to pick up a belt with a cobra buckle soon. I bought this warlord belt for appendix carry where a buckle can get in the way, and I am just trying to make it work for a couple classes at the moment. It's not a long term solution. I picked up two belt mount taco pouches and they don't seem to flop or move when loaded on my belt so far. But I will switch to a 1.75" belt with a buckle soon.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you also have the underlord? I run KYWIs, an IFAK, and a Crye Gunclip with the system no problem.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
No, my warlord is my only gun belt so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top