Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Try as I might I cannot get a picture through my NOD's that doesn't look like total crap.  I need to start dragging gear out to see what it looks like.

Great pictures.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:56:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is some realtree max4 through night vision, by the way I lost my model

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:02:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Tru Spec digital urban (not sure exact name of this pattern)

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:10:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is Army digital pattern

Here is a compare between the army digital and truspec urban digital in the pine tree

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:15:54 AM EDT
[#5]
As a side note: I was having really hard time tonight getting the focus dialed in, really humid tonight, lots of ambient light from the factory ? Sorry that some shots are blurry but still gives a good idea. More to follow when I can. I tried getting longer distance also, and could not get good focus through the phone camera.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I appreciate all the work.  This is very enlightening.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#7]
As odor goes and the use of deodorant look for the fragrance free type and not unscented.  The unscented type uses a chemical to un-scent the fragrance in the deodorant and I only know this as I am allergic to those fragrance's and I would only expect that our quarrel would still be able to catch a whif.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#8]
for NV I think the material might be just as important as the pattern. Update with material?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
for NV I think the material might be just as important as the pattern. Update with material?
View Quote

Material is absolutely part of the equation when it comes to low NV observability.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If you've got anything in the old desert storm night grid camo that'd be interesting to see. I've always heard it was abandoned because it ironically performed poorly under NV but I've never actually seen how it looked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got a few more patterns to try out might be able to get out tonight. If anyone wants me to try a pattern let me know. If you want something and I don't have it maybe pm me and we could come up with a solution. I might also try my scope which is a pulsar n750 to see how some patterns look under digital night vision.

If you've got anything in the old desert storm night grid camo that'd be interesting to see. I've always heard it was abandoned because it ironically performed poorly under NV but I've never actually seen how it looked.

I have some whenever I make it out to do a shoot.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Mil spec fabric has an IR treatment to cut down it's reflectivity

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#12]
The army digi pattern really kicks ass.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:38:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The army digi pattern really kicks ass.
View Quote

I was surprised at this also. Ok here is a observation about some of the black or darker type patterns  like multicam black and tru spec urban digita lthat my wife made: in normal eye sight in pretty dark conditions (no night vision) the darker patterns blend in to the shadows and darkness better than some of the other patterns. Under night vision the darker patterns stand out, this may be a good thing for hunters who are hunting around other night vision equip hunters. I guess you could look at it like wearing orange while deer hunting and be even more safe wearing a ir beacon also.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:49:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok small update: there will be more to come including solid colors as requested and I got some other patterns like woodland and kryptek typhon.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#15]
OK sorry for the delay here are a few more, starting with Kryptek Typhon shirt with black BDU pants

As a side note: There was a full moon tonight and it was bright out, i tried to angle the pictures to be in as much of a shadow as possible. The shirt is a combat shirt that is black in the middle with the kryptek typhon pattern on the sleeve.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Here is woodland pattern, this is a combat shirt with the pattern on the sleeves and od green in the middle. The pants are my paintball pants that are made by Vulken but are in a woodland pattern. The pants look weird under the NV. There was a full moon and it was really bright out.

Here is a pic of the two patterns in a pine tree with kyptek typhon on the right and woodland on the left, the sleeves are right next to each other.

Side note: I couldnt take pictures further distance because of the moon, it was almost too bright and I was trying to stay in the shadow.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:51:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Material is absolutely part of the equation when it comes to low NV observability.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And not washing it with detergent w/ optical brighteners.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I got a few more patterns to try out might be able to get out tonight. If anyone wants me to try a pattern let me know. If you want something and I don't have it maybe pm me and we could come up with a solution. I might also try my scope which is a pulsar n750 to see how some patterns look under digital night vision.

It was designed with crude Gen 1 soviet NV in mind IIRC.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top