Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2016 5:40:56 PM EDT
Going to buy a Ronin Warrior belt setup..

What do you guys use for a drop offset for a holster?  What would work best? What is the best way so it doesnt move?

Safariland? Tek-lok?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Im rocking my normal duty holster, with the 2' plastic. and im running a strap from a drop leg holster in between the bottom screw. works great,
You will love that belt.
-Dan
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im rocking my normal duty holster, with the 2' plastic. and im running a strap from a drop leg holster in between the bottom screw. works great,
You will love that belt.
-Dan
View Quote

Got a picture?
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
" />

1.5" Safariland.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]

How do you prevent it from sliding?
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The offset  is between the inner and outer belt (Velcro) so it does not move around.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The offset  is between the inner and outer belt (Velcro) so it does not move around.
View Quote

Makes sense now lol
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#7]
" />

With outer belt open.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Thanks for the clarification
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#9]
While were talking duty belts, I can not figure out what the silver part is actually used for? I have one on mine that can be adjusted but seems to do nothing?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
While were talking duty belts, I can not figure out what the silver part is actually used for? I have one on mine that can be adjusted but seems to do nothing?
View Quote

Holding your body weight.

Anyone used the Tek-lok way?

or the g-code?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a G-Code to hold my Safariland 6354DO holster. It is a mother f*cker to get on due to the thickness of my belt with Molle (Volund) and the Gcode new version is too thin.. gotta use a non molle belt for it. Also since the conversion to use the two together does not allow much cant adjustment, you have to deal with the factory cant and offset. On the upside you dont need a strap.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a G-Code to hold my Safariland 6354DO holster. It is a mother f*cker to get on due to the thickness of my belt with Molle (Volund) and the Gcode new version is too thin.. gotta use a non molle belt for it. Also since the conversion to use the two together does not allow much cant adjustment, you have to deal with the factory cant and offset. On the upside you dont need a strap.
View Quote

Well damn.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 5:22:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well damn.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well damn.

In looking more at the Ronin it may be thinner than Volund and work with G-Code Optimum drop. The Volund is inner layer, two black webbing layers, outer layer, vertical molle and horizontal molle, making it 6 layers thick at some points. If Ronin is thinner by just one layer it may work. Also because you have to pass the Volund through a soft floppy inner layer its too hard to pass the belt through in a hurry. When I have to put on my belt and its for a shots fired call out, I often dont wear it because of that. Im thnking about getting the Ronin just becasue of the easier to use straight up front connection of the buckle like my other Cobra buckle belts. I also like their straight up velcro liner belts. My Volund G-hook liners are full on CCW gun belts in their own right and IMO too thick for a dedicated liner. Its great you can throw on one of these slim battle belts over the top in an emergency, but the loops for the G-hooks are too thick for my taste as a dedicated liner. I sent a bunch of questions to Ronin Tactics, we will see what they say. I may be getting one of them in the not too distant future as well.

If that does not work I may just go ATS, which is what the Ronin is a modification of anyway. It does not have the molle built in and does require the use of thier molle attachment system but it would work with the optimal drop holster for sure and would be less expensive and allow me to move a few items off the points of my hips at the expense of a tiny bit more weight and bulk.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In looking more at the Ronin it may be thinner than Volund and work with G-Code Optimum drop. The Volund is inner layer, two black webbing layers, outer layer, vertical molle and horizontal molle, making it 6 layers thick at some points. If Ronin is thinner by just one layer it may work. Also because you have to pass the Volund through a soft floppy inner layer its too hard to pass the belt through in a hurry. When I have to put on my belt and its for a shots fired call out, I often dont wear it because of that. Im thnking about getting the Ronin just becasue of the easier to use straight up front connection of the buckle like my other Cobra buckle belts. I also like their straight up velcro liner belts. My Volund G-hook liners are full on CCW gun belts in their own right and IMO too thick for a dedicated liner. Its great you can throw on one of these slim battle belts over the top in an emergency, but the loops for the G-hooks are too thick for my taste as a dedicated liner. I sent a bunch of questions to Ronin Tactics, we will see what they say. I may be getting one of them in the not too distant future as well.

If that does not work I may just go ATS, which is what the Ronin is a modification of anyway. It does not have the molle built in and does require the use of thier molle attachment system but it would work with the optimal drop holster for sure and would be less expensive and allow me to move a few items off the points of my hips at the expense of a tiny bit more weight and bulk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well damn.

Either way, let us know if it works out.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:26:08 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I'm looking at different options myself and am leaning towards the KT Drop Plate in the picture but finding a review on one is a pain! I'd also like to know  if
anyone has any experience with it. I'm also trying to decide between the offset plate and the straight drop plate.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm looking at different options myself and am leaning towards the KT Drop Plate in the picture but finding a review on one is a pain! I'd also like to know  if
anyone has any experience with it. I'm also trying to decide between the offset plate and the straight drop plate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think I am going to go with the KT or Safari
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top