Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2016 7:46:55 PM EDT
Here's  mini review on my AWS tactical LAB (Light Assaulter Belt) System. I have been wanting to try one of these Inner/outter belt systems but was not looking to lay out $200. A fellow ARFCOMER  did a review on these along with a visit to the AWS factory and it peaked my interest. So I bought one.

The web site made it pretty easy to customize want I wanted.  It took about 5-6 weeks to get it, but for the price it was worth the wait.

I finally got to run it a few times at the range, and so far, I'm loving it... much better then my old school padded ICE belt. After messing around with pouch placement and how I wanted to integrate it with my AWS PC, I finally got it just right (still need to add my dump pouch).

" />

" />

" />

</a>" />
The inner belt is a different after market one then the one it came with. AWS uses a 2" wide one made from very stiff scuba webbing. and has a small p,lastic tool to help slide on /off the pouch attachment hangers. I would prefer the 1.75" as its easier to get into most pants belt loops.

The belt is stiff and well made. the Cobra buckle..is .. a Cobra buckle. My first one. I opted not to get the option with the additional metal loop with para cord wrap. I don't repel or ride in Choppers.

If you looking to try one of these combo set ups. take a look at AWS.. price is right and I beleive I read on here that AWS is making the same belt for Ronin Tactical, (No confirmation on that)
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
How are liking this belt ?
I looking at them but concerned about the belt being to flimsy and the inner belt being to wide for most belt loops

How's this beem working for you?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I love it. The 2" wide inner belt can be tight but I have not had any pants belt loops that it would not fit in. Plus you can find other inner Velcro belts at 1.5" and 1.75" that also work with the belt for not a lot of cash.
The outer belt is stiff and has held up very well so far. After using this belt, I would not want to go back to a standard battle belt.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got one as well and will echo Harv's observations.  This thing is stiff...no flopping around.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:04:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I was underwhelmed when I ordered from AWS. Didnt get confirmation emails of my order, tracking numbers, or any of the service that we expect in online retailers in 2016. Add in that I didn't get the multicam IR flag paid for but instead got plain brown flags (never bothered to try and get it corrected because I could never get an email response from my inquiry).

I have the same belt without the ring on the buckle from Ronin and was super pleased with the experience. Ordered and within about 12 hours got an email from the owner himself saying they didn't have mine in stock and it should have been listed as out if stock and that he could change my order and ship it that day, told him no worries I could wait. Even if AWS makes them for Ronin I'd rather deal with them.

The 2" liner belt completely fills a the loop on ACU trousers and doesn't move, it threads easy enough because it is just the single scuba webbing with Velcro unlike the usual thick double nylon plus velcro 1.75" riggers belt I usually wear.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was underwhelmed when I ordered from AWS. Didnt get confirmation emails of my order, tracking numbers, or any of the service that we expect in online retailers in 2016. Add in that I didn't get the multicam IR flag paid for but instead got plain brown flags (never bothered to try and get it corrected because I could never get an email response from my inquiry).

I have the same belt without the ring on the buckle from Ronin and was super pleased with the experience. Ordered and within about 12 hours got an email from the owner himself saying they didn't have mine in stock and it should have been listed as out if stock and that he could change my order and ship it that day, told him no worries I could wait. Even if AWS makes them for Ronin I'd rather deal with them.

The 2" liner belt completely fills a the loop on ACU trousers and doesn't move, it threads easy enough because it is just the single scuba webbing with Velcro unlike the usual thick double nylon plus velcro 1.75" riggers belt I usually wear.
View Quote

I'm with ya on the CS from them, but the price made it worth it for me. Your experience mirrored mine. I think they are so use to dealing with their active duty customers that are nearby, that they have not taken the time to do the right things with retail.

All of that said, for the price, and if you don't mind the wait, it was a good deal and a very good belt.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a client of mine order a belt and she actually got a call from AWS telling her that they were backed up with .mil orders.  Gave her an estimate of 4 or 5 weeks and it showed up around the time they said.  

I don't think email is high on their list, probably have more luck on the phone.

As Harv said, their prices and gear are great, CS.....not so much.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the heads up on this belt.  I'd been looking for something just like this for a while now.  I went ahead and ordered the system with some mag pouches and the IFAK dump pouch.  Just hoping the sizing is accurate as I couldn't fid any info.  I wear a 36 inch pant so I went with the large belt
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up on this belt.  I'd been looking for something just like this for a while now.  I went ahead and ordered the system with some mag pouches and the IFAK dump pouch.  Just hoping the sizing is accurate as I couldn't fid any info.  I wear a 36 inch pant so I went with the large belt
View Quote

If you would , post here how the sizing worked out from you.
I wear a 36 also and would appreciate the info .

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#9]

I sure will...hoping that the delivery times are faster than the OP's but I doubt it.

ETA:  I purchased the large Multicam without the D ring, 2 molle panels, the IFAK insert and dump pouch, 1 rifle mag pouch, and 1 pistol mag pouch.  I think the final price was just under 160.00 minus shipping.  The way I understand it is they don't charge you until they ship it.  And shipping costs are calculated at the time of shipping.  Not the best website to work with but if the product looks as good as everyone says it does then im not complaining too much.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm 36" measured at the hip, not pants. I wish I would have gotten a M. There is a lot of extra material on the inner belt and I'm maxed (tightened) on the outer belt. Needs to be tighter IMHO.

It's workable, size just seems to run bigger. The inner belt can be trimmed down to fit better, but the outer belt you're limited on how snug you can make it.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/soowah/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160709_203008.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/soowah/Mobile%20Uploads/20160709_203008.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm 36" measured at the hip, not pants. I wish I would have gotten a M. There is a lot of extra material on the inner belt and I'm maxed (tightened) on the outer belt. Needs to be tighter IMHO.

It's workable, size just seems to run bigger. The inner belt can be trimmed down to fit better, but the outer belt you're limited on how snug you can make it.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/soowah/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160709_203008.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/soowah/Mobile%20Uploads/20160709_203008.jpg</a>

Thanks for that.
Other than sizing has it worked out for you ?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#13]
UPDATE:  Just got an email back from AWS stating that they have received my order and it should be ready to ship in approximately 1 week.  So it sounds like the shipping times may be back up to speed
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
UPDATE:  Just got an email back from AWS stating that they have received my order and it should be ready to ship in approximately 1 week.  So it sounds like the shipping times may be back up to speed
View Quote

Keep us updated.

Will be putting my order in if everything goes well with yours .

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks for that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for that.

I'm a 34 pants and the medium has room to grow if I do...
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Well....I was told in an email that it would take about a week to ship so I WAS pretty optimistic.  But I have received no shipping email and the funds have not been taken from my account.  Maybe shipping times are more in line with the OPs.  We shall see.  Dude in the email seemed pretty confident in the one week time frame though

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, at least they updated you.

That's something
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Very true.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got an Email stating that my belt should arrive on 8/22 (three weeks from order date to my door) so I would say shipping times are back down.  Very excited to get this thing and put it through the ringer.  I have a three day rifle class week after next so I will be sure to update with a full review

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Alright, looking forward to seeing it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#21]
When I got my belt in I noticed the sizing wasn't quite right.  I'm around a 36inch waist so went with a L and even at max adjustment it was too big.  I had access to a heavy duty sewing machine and the know how to use it so I took mine and cut part of the second layer back and resewed it back together so I'd have more adjustment but I should have went to a M to start with.  

Overall I really like mine.  I love the velcro inner with wrap around outer belt it works very well in my use.  I dont' have it fully outfitted all around though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#22]
So...I just got back from a conference in Fort Worth and had a chance to put this thing together.  Put it on and it fit great.  I wear a 36 inch pant, and have a 41 inch waist line when measured at my belt line.  I ordered and received a large.  I have about 4 inches of adjustment available either way.  I added the dump pouch with medical insert, 1 Pistol mag pouch, 1 rifle mag pouch, and a g-code rti belt adapter with my Integrated Survival Systems Griffon holster for a glock 17 with TLR1.  With the belt loaded with the loaded weapon and loaded spare mags there is no sag at all.  The belt is definately sturdy enough to support more gear but I'm using this as an instructor belt and lightweight first line belt to supplement my duty plate carrier.  

I feel confident in saying that a 36 pant size will be perfect for a large belt system.  

I don't want to hijack the ops thread so I will try to get a full review done next week after my rifle class.  Just from playing around with it at the house...I would absolutely recommend the system to anyone looking for a low profile,lightweight belt system at a great price.  And the dump pouch with med insert is such a sweet idea.  Honestly it's probably my favorite part of the setup.

Thanks Harv

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Not at all brother.... post away....glad you like it, I LIKE MINE A LOT.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#24]

OK... so here are my thoughts on the belt after a few weeks of use including a three day Patrol Rifle Course.  I purchased the same exact multicam belt system as the OP with no D-Ring.  I also purchased the dump pouch with medical insert, a rifle mag pouch, a pistol mag pouch, and two molle sliders.  Total price after shipping was 170.00.

The Belt:  I love this thing.  It is incredibly sturdy and has zero sag when fully loaded with mags, holster, dump pouch and glock 17 with TLR-1.  The inner belt works like it is supposed to and the kydex molle slider is a genius idea when it comes to adding pouches. The belt does not flex when drawing the pistol and is much more comfortable than I had expected.  It is so low profile that it essentially feels like wearing a dress belt that can hold up to the weight of all my gear.  

The Mag Pouches:  Very similar to HSGI Tacos.  And they just work.  Not much else I can say about them.  The stay put with the Molle sliders and are easy to adjust.  Easy to place mags into and just enough tension that they are easy to reload from but I promise you don't have to worry about mags falling out.  

The Dump Pouch with Med Insert:  Here is where I have a small issue.  When I first saw this item I thought "what a great idea".  When I got it I was really exited cause Im always looking for a place to carry extra med kit.  Where I have an issue is when I tried to place any med items in the insert.  Just adding a tourniquet, it was almost impossible to get the insert back into the dump pouch sleeve.  Forget adding much more that a tourniquet.  The idea was great.  Being able to combine two functional items into one is smart.  It is essentially an elastic sleeve that holds a bi fold medical insert.  I just wish they would have given more room for gear.  Don't get me wrong its a great place to hold an extra tourniquet, but a TQ and some gauze or quick clot would have been much better.  

Short and sweet I know but for 170.00 I don't think I could have done better with my money.  The belt is incredibly comfortable yet minimalist and it just works very well.  If anyone is in the market for a simple minimalist belt I highly suggest this one.  

As far as sizing goes...I wear a 36 inch pant and ordered the Large.  It fits perfectly with about 4 inches of adjustment either way.  

Thanks again Harv,  I love this belt.  Oh, and shipping only took two weeks.  The guys at AWS were awesome to deal with

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#25]
That's awes ome to hear... Here is my Range day this past Monday on Labor day.. Had the range to myself.

" />

Still love the belt.. best bang for the buck out their.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 2:02:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for taking the time for the reviews .

Vey helpful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top