Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2016 12:23:44 PM EDT
Looking for a real nice baseball cap no snap backs(fitted) must come in multicam and have Velcro  the front for maximum tactical gayness while I'm operating in the mall or getting my morning coffee

Also looking for a boonie hat I want a nice one dosent need Velcro or anything
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Blasting Cap

Boonie Hat...search Ebay for a seller names Slangvel.  

All custom made.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking for a real nice baseball cap no snap backs(fitted) must come in multicam and have Velcro  the front for maximum tactical gayness while I'm operating in the mall or getting my morning coffee

View Quote

For fitted ball caps I've always gone with HSGI or SKD's version of the HSGI.

Edit: looks like they no longer have a fitted version but they offer a ReFactor fitted instead.
http://www.skdtac.com/RE-Factor-Tactical-Blasting-Cap-Tan-p/ret.101.htm
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Notch Gear/ thread over
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:36:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Edit: looks like they no longer have a fitted version but they offer a ReFactor fitted instead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife has been bugging me to come up with a gift idea for our 5th wedding anniversary. I am a huge hat guy, and am so stoked to see a fitted hat like this.I now know what to ask for Thanks a bunch for sharing!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Blasting Cap
View Quote

This.

I've lost two, had one stolen, and am presently on my 4th because it's such a comfortable hat
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:07:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.

I've lost two, had one stolen, and am presently on my 4th because it's such a comfortable hat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blasting Cap

Boonie Hat...search Ebay for a seller names Slangvel.  

All custom made.

This.

I have 4 Slangvel boonies, 1 of them being a custom color per my request.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blasting Cap

This.

$30 on a ball cap

I got a pass on that.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

$30 on a ball cap

I got a pass on that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blasting Cap

This.

$30 on a ball cap

I got a pass on that.

The quality of Flexfit caps is really a notch above. I have a couple Flexfits made for Kangol and they are nice enough the woman will actually approve their wear for some dress occasions. Granted these are tac caps...
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]
So my RE factor hat came today, Wife got it from SKD. She let me try it on, but I can't have it until the 15th of June

I loved the breathable material and the material they used in the hat, its way better then all the flex fit hats I have previously owned from Fox and so on.

If you are looking for a great hat, get the Re Factor Flex fit from SKD. They even sent me a sticker
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 4:32:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Let the Condor bashing begin I picked up a Condor mesh cap in Multicam from Tactical Gear for like 10 bucks plus shipping, and its been awesome.

I don't wear caps much because they are usually tight on me and give me a slight headache, but this hat has the plastic snap closure and fits well on the last snap. The mesh and the material on the front is very flexible, but the bill is nice and firm. Has all the Velcro too so you can patch away!
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:15:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Best cap I've found in a long time of looking.  Daily wear (coyote brown) for me:http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17862&cat=318&page=1

Coming-up on one year of daily wear, and no issues at all.

Cap is breathable, fairly thin material, and so relies on applications of DWR for reasonable water-repellency.  It's OK from mfr, but if you see frequent rain, spritz it every so often with DWR.  Wash in Woolite so as to retain NVD non-observance, as should be done with all field gear and clothing.

A very nice feature, not mentioned much in the mfr's ad copy, is that the brim of the cap is split, and so makes it very easy to fold up and insert the cap even onto the back pocket of a pair of jeans.  That's come in handy many times, as I'm one to take off my hat indoors.

Plenty of fuzzy Velcro for attachment of whatever. NO top button.  Cap has a little bit of a peak, and so has a vaguely Germanic/Alpine look.  A plus in my book, YMMV.  

Individual sizing is done with a metal hook inserted to your choice of sewn-in loops on the back.  There is also an elastic end to the adjustment tab, so a perfect fit can be obtained for almost anyone.

Pay attention to sizing chart.  I have no regrets whatsoever, and give it unreserved praise.  Money well-spent for me.  
Disclaimer: no financial interest.
View Quote

Those things are fucking terrible. You look like a WW2 German renactor rocking one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a Slagval (sp?) multicam recce and a multicam M43.

The M43 is German and I used to wear one, so I like having people do a double take after they think its just a multicam baseball cap.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a hard time finding hats that fit right, usually the top is not "deep" enough.  So far the best and most comfortable hat I found is made by Truspec. It is made of a spandexy material, lots of holes for ventilation and is somewhat stretchy so it stays put on my head.  I wear it almost everyday for over a year now.  I believe it can come with or without a velcro patch.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Propper makes a decent hat to be picked up for $10-15.

My gripe is usually with cheap caps the front seam doesnt run centerline so its impossible to properly center the thing without it looking off center.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 9:03:50 AM EDT
[#17]
IMHO, hats are one of those things that you have to try on to see if they fit your head comfortably enough to wear.

For all the ones I've tried, the Blackhawk operator caps I wear fit my large melon the best and are the most comfortable.

I've also had good luck with Propper boonies, but I have to wear a couple of sizes larger than normal.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blasting Cap

This.

Got it today for an early Father's Day present.....really like it so far
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

$30 on a ball cap

I gotta pass on that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blasting Cap

This.

$30 on a ball cap

I gotta pass on that.

Fucking hear you there.

$6 from walmart, Win.
It's so worn now that even the autographs from strippers and waitresses are mostly faded.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#20]
http://www.skdtac.com/Arcteryx-B-A-C-Cap-p/arc.112.htm

Wore this for 3.5 years in the Middle East and still wear it a couple times a week now/at the range etc. Other than being really stained/dirty, it is still good to go. Will probably buy a new one soon to appease the girlfriend.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Tilley  has what you need.

Nice stuff.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm going to upload some pics tomorrow of my new hat. Wife got it for me after the recommendations on here.

Got it from SKD, the REfactor flexfit. It's hands down the nicest Flexfit I have ever owned. The back is really nice, because it is made of a nice breathable material, and actually has some give to it so that if your hair grows out some, it isn't uncomfortable to wear. Has two velcro places on the front and back and one on top for the 1x1 IR patch if you want it. The inside front half is actually neon orange encase you need a VR panel I think.

Worth the 30 bucks, and SKD delivered it really fast and threw in a nice sticker too.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Fucking hear you there.

$6 from walmart, Win.
It's so worn now that even the autographs from strippers and waitresses are mostly faded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blasting Cap

This.

$30 on a ball cap

I gotta pass on that.

Fucking hear you there.

$6 from walmart, Win.

I own $22 socks also

Sometimes it's nice to own nice things
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top