Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2016 4:08:38 PM EDT
I bought a package from AR500 about 2-3 years ago that came with the Condor PC. I just threw the thing on for the first time in forever for shits and giggles and the cummerbund is way to big, which is odd because im not too skinny. I've been tossing the idea around of getting another PC to throw my plates in anyway and i dont see different sizes of cummerbunds offered by Condor.

Im thinking of a Crye JPC. I cant afford the CAGE. Any other recommendations?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought a package from AR500 about 2-3 years ago that came with the Condor PC. I just threw the thing on for the first time in forever for shits and giggles and the cummerbund is way to big, which is odd because im not too skinny. I've been tossing the idea around of getting another PC to throw my plates in anyway and i dont see different sizes of cummerbunds offered by Condor.

View Quote

SKD has a lot of quality offerings as far as carriers go. I am looking at their PIG carrier or their Paraclete SOHPC SDK spec carrier for myself here soon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

SKD has a lot of quality offerings as far as carriers go. I am looking at their PIG carrier or their Paraclete SOHPC SDK spec carrier for myself here soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do like a lot of the stuff they offer too, never used any though, but the sales policy on this is somewhat strict in the sense I know a lot of people, don't want to go through the hassle of doing all of this:

Law Abiding US Citizens over the age of 21, with no criminal or mental health history. The following must be provided:

A copy of State-issued Driver's License
       A copy of a Concealed Weapons Carry Permit (IL FOID acceptable), or Original Criminal Background Check letter from your local Police Department (download pdf below)
       Original Signed & Notarized End-User Affidavit

I can understand the reasoning behind the policy, but at the same time it seems somewhat pointless sense you can get the PC from a 3rd party source.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I do like a lot of the stuff they offer too, never used any though, but the sales policy on this is somewhat strict in the sense I know a lot of people, don't want to go through the hassle of doing all of this:

Law Abiding US Citizens over the age of 21, with no criminal or mental health history. The following must be provided:

A copy of a Concealed Weapons Carry Permit (IL FOID acceptable), or Original Criminal Background Check letter from your local Police Department (download pdf below)

I can understand the reasoning behind the policy, but at the same time it seems somewhat pointless sense you can get the PC from a 3rd party source.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow that is a lot. Guess I've never noticed (Leo) I feel for ya on jumpin through those hoops. Still a lot of great stuff if you're willing to complete all those requirements
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah that kind of turns me off a bit.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:55:35 AM EDT
[#5]
If you don't like it, then don't buy.

SKD tactical is great.
I don't see the issue with their policy. Each to their own.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe this is only SKD's policy for ordering armor, not plate carriers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I believe this to be the case, having ordered carriers from them without submitting information.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I don't give them my money anymore for this reason, they are gtg with everything else. Just buy plates elsewhere. Plenty of reputable places that won't go against the very foundation of the American legal system because feels.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Correct, this is only for Armor itself, not for carriers, or anything else we sell.

SOS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, this is only for Armor itself, not for carriers, or anything else we sell.

SOS

I misread, I'm sorry about that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Velocity Scarab would be what I'd buy for a well made american carrier right now.  The clearance for your rifle stock is unparalleled, and if you plan on shooting a rifle while wearing it, that should be high on your list of criteria for selection.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#13]
No recommendations for the JPC, what's up with that?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#14]
After doing some more research, I don't  like the idea of having an inch of extra room in my plate bags while using 10x12s. With the JPC being designed for SAPIs a lot of people online say the fitment with 10x12s isn't the greatest.

So new question to the SKD guys. The Mayflower APC is designed for SAPIs too. But your website says size S/M carriers with accept 10x12 regular steel plates. How well do these plates fill out the plate bags?
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Can anyone comment on which of the two carriers 10x12 ar500 plates would fit better in?
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:06:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Beez makes plate carriers specifically for AR500 plates.

http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/main.sc
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The Velocity Scarab would be what I'd buy for a well made american carrier right now.  The clearance for your rifle stock is unparalleled, and if you plan on shooting a rifle while wearing it, that should be high on your list of criteria for selection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been looking really hard at the scarab light.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#18]
ESSTAC Daeodon
DAEODON!
Review coming soon......

cp
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

correct. you only need to prove your innocence when buying armor.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Interested to see how this works for you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Interested to see how this works for you.
View All Quotes

My initial post will be tomorrow.
All I can say is this thing is bad..... I mean really Bad Ass.
If you are serious about your PC holding up....well just tune in tomorrow.
Cp
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are hard to beat, especially with the articulated shoulders.

SCARAB Light
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

SCARAB Light
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SCARAB Light

This is also something I was looking at. Man i can't decide on my priorities!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top