Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2016 7:41:29 PM EDT
I was not sure where to post this discussion.  If it is in the wrong place, please let me know.

My binoculars, a pair of Steiner Predator xTreme 8x42 broke and I have return authorization to send them back.  They say 2-4 weeks.  I was wondering if anyone ever had to send a pair back for repair.

They are great compact binoculars and awesome during low light, like early morning viewing animals.  They broke into two pieces, the frame broke.  I hope they can fix them and better under warranty.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I had sent a binocular back to them once. They returned a new one. Shortly it developed the same parallax problem. It still sets in my closet, maybe I'll try again to get a repair someday.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have. Years a go I sent them a pair of 8 x30's I had. Dropped them inside the turret of my Tank. One of the lenses rattled lose. Emailed them, sent them back, they did charge me as the warranty had long expired. (it was like $40). Came back good as new... Still use them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:10:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have. Years a go I sent them a pair of 8 x30's I had. Dropped them inside the turret of my Tank. One of the lenses rattled lose. Emailed them, sent them back, they did charge me as the warranty had long expired. (it was like $40). Came back good as new... Still use them.
View Quote

I never had filled out the warranty card on mine. I sent them back in the original package explaining the problem and expecting to have to pay for the repair but they replaced them at no charge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top