Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 1:20:04 PM EDT
I just got a new MOLLE outer armor carrier for patrol use. Due to my small size (160 lbs on a heavy day), I have always had a difficult time carrying abackup gun. I need to practice what I preach and start carrying one. No matter how small the pistol, I've always had my pants hang up on an ankle gun. I'm really thinking about a way I can carrying a Glock 27 on my vest in some type of utility pouch. The gun would have to go in some type of pocket holster to protect it and cover the triggerguard. Has anybody ever tried this or have some ideas to throw out there?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have made kydex holsters for concealable body armor. It should not be too hard other than concealing the back up gun. Maybe a pouch mounted to the side strap area?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#2]
This is for an external vest.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#3]
General purpose pouch with Velcro loop sewn to the inside. Velcro hook backed holster.  Ready to rock.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Small to medium sized utility with a raven vanguard covering/ locking into trigger guard. Tie the vanguard into the pouch ( if it has an internal anchor point) or run it through the drainage grommet and knot it on the outside   The vanguard will be pulled off when you access this way
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Small to medium sized utility with a raven vanguard covering/ locking into trigger guard. Tie the vanguard into the pouch ( if it has an internal anchor point) or run it through the drainage grommet and knot it on the outside   The vanguard will be pulled off when you access this way
View Quote

I'll second this.  Depending on how fast you want access and how hidden you want the BUG, an SR25 sized pouch (for 2x 7.62 mags) with a velcro closure works well.  The butt of the pistol will protrude slightly though.  I wasn't a fan of using bigger GP type pouches since the gun could swim around.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a buddy looking to see if he has any .308 mag pouches left so i can try it for fit. It really stuck out of a single 5.56 mag pouch. I'm having a hard time finding any covered .308/SR25/M14 mag pouches...except for Voodoo gear.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
The grip,will stick out of flapped 308 mag pouches as well.  You'll,need something fully enclosed like a  utility or Med pouch to conceal it- I've tried and that's all that works
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The grip,will stick out of flapped 308 mag pouches as well.  You'll,need something fully enclosed like a  utility or Med pouch to conceal it- I've tried and that's all that works
View Quote

Medium Tactical Tailor Lunar pouch. Elastic and velcro holster inside will hold compact Glock and spare mag. It's made just for this application.
http://www.tacticaltailor.com/lunarconcealedcarrypouch.aspx
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've got a buddy looking to see if he has any .308 mag pouches left so i can try it for fit. It really stuck out of a single 5.56 mag pouch. I'm having a hard time finding any covered .308/SR25/M14 mag pouches...except for Voodoo gear.
View Quote

Crye Smart Pouch Suite may have something to suit your needs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Look at the MIC holster. They are sold on Amazon for about $20. Use that holster and drop in down into whatever small pouch you like. This is a good budget option for a back up. Basically just like the already mentioned Raven Vangaurd but the MIC is cheaper and might actually work better because it's much smaller and doesn't have belt loops or anything...basically just a small kydex trigger guard cover
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got the new vest. It appears that my LCP will fit in one of the pockets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top