Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2016 1:32:29 AM EDT
Im looking for a good pair of multicam pants, what brand do you guys go with? Id love a pair from Crye, but cant see dropping that much coin for one pair of pants. These will see a mix of uses from casual wearing to range day/tac. courses, but nothing that would destroy them so they don't have to be "last a lifetime" durable.

I like the vertx multicam, but they just ran a sale on them and are out of most sizes. What else is quality out there without breaking the bank?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:48:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Consider the bank broken - well worth it though!

http://www.kitanica.net/multicam-black-all-season-pants-p/047.htm
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:05:42 AM EDT
[#2]
You can pick up mil issue pants (and jackets) on eBay.

I don't know (nor care) when the wear out date for multicam is, but now that the Army has dropped it there should be a lot more available at even lower prices.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:38:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Consider the bank broken - well worth it though!

http://www.kitanica.net/multicam-black-all-season-pants-p/047.htm
View Quote

Yea I forgot about Kitanica, those would be awesome too. I need somebody else to start paying for this stuff
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:40:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't know (nor care) when the wear out date for multicam is, but now that the Army has dropped it there should be a lot more available at even lower prices.
View Quote

I didn't know the army had already dropped it, that should make them more available in the future. I have seen a couple pairs(some brand new) at surplus stores and Goodwill, but none of them were Multicam. Ill be on the lookout, I could buy online but I always end up with something in the wrong size and its a PITA to get them returned.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:26:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine are plain old Propper BDUs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:49:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Seeing Kitanica posted reminded me or Arktis.

While not cheap, they aren't as expensive as Crye.

I personally don't have any, but know a few guys who do...they're OK.

The only problem I see is in actually buying them:  they sell in the U.S. through eBay and they don't always have a good selection of colors/sizes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Tru-Spec 24/7's or Helikon are a little more price friendly and decent durable pants. The most durable tac pants I've ever owned were (believe it or not) Blackhawk Warrior Wear ripstops. They were bought second hand and took years to start showing any appreciable wear. I am hard on pants too, crappy pants will have holes in no time with the way I treat them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I've worn the hell out of my SKD BDU pants, and the price is low enough that I won't have to cringe when it comes time to replace them. My brother has a pair, as well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I  have a pair of the SORD field uniform multi cam pants.... Love 'em!

http://www.sordusa.com/Field-Uniform-Sizing-Camouflage.html

http://www.optactical.com/sofiunpa.html
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]

I have some old Nyco Tru Specs, some USGI ACU cut and USGI Crye cut multicam pants.  Work gave me the Tru Specs but I found the others on eBay for cheap.  

I prefer the Crye cut ones as they fit the best, seem the thinnest and feel like the most breathable.  I work in the humid South.  

I might try and find a pair of the UK MTP tropical weight pants.  I've got their lightweight version of a combat shirt and the arm material is poly-cotton but feels super light and (hopefully) durable enough.

The only pain as far as the UK stuff goes is figuring out the sizing.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:46:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys, ill be looking at some of these as options. I like the looks and reviews of the SKDs but not in stock for my size right now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#12]
SKDtac or SORDUSA..good to go.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:30:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Can get OCP with the Crye kneepads on ebay for ~100.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:27:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've worn the hell out of my SKD BDU pants, and the price is low enough that I won't have to cringe when it comes time to replace them. My brother has a pair, as well.
View Quote

This is what I use and like them a lot. I did have them tailored as the length was bit longer than I wanted.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Crye once and you won't just buy once
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top