Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2016 2:53:55 PM EDT
I'm a vehicle commander and need the ability to doff my chest rig when inside the vehicle. Current issued gear is the TAPS with IOTV. TAPS isn't bad except I can't stand the velcro retention for the magazines and the fact that all seven mags extend from my 10 to 2 o'clock.
I intend on using the http://downrangegear.net/Down_Range_Gear_Chest_Rig__Armor_Interface_1%22_Quick_Attach.html for attaching a chest rig to the IOTV.

I prefer something all MOLLE like the Tactical Tailor MAV but the problem is the straps come in 1.5" and not the 1" needed to be compatible with QASM hardware.

Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a BDS tactical Simple stacker. Easy on/ off. Plenty of Molle. You can also get it with 2 dump/admin pouches that are pretty big. Worked great on my last deployment jumping in and out of ASV's ,MATV's and RG's.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a Haley D3CR and be done with it. There are many ways to rig it for easy on/ off. I was a VC in a stryker and had a D3. I would unclip it and throw it up top when standing out the hatch to have all my shit right there. If I needed to dismount quickly It it on with 2 top clips and a side clip. I usually had it on before the ramp even dropped.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Get a Haley D3CR and be done with it. There are many ways to rig it for easy on/ off. I was a VC in a stryker and had a D3. I would unclip it and throw it up top when standing out the hatch to have all my shit right there. If I needed to dismount quickly It it on with 2 top clips and a side clip. I usually had it on before the ramp even dropped.
View Quote

That's me.

Just got back from Hohenfels yesterday. Was rocking GI IFAK at 8 o'clock, TT 2 mag pouches at my 10 and 11 o'clock, TT 3 mag shingle at my 12, and a TT accessory pouch for my PVS-14 at 2 o'clock. Every time I had to go through my hatch (reloading the M2, PMCS, etc) it was a struggle because how "thick" I was.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#4]
If you like the TT MAV look into the Mayflower UW chest rig QD.

After trying several different chest rigs over the year this is what I have settled on.  Has all MOLLE webbing to allow you the option to run your pouches at your discretion.  The 1 inch buckles allow you to either run the QASM or the harness, which with the H-harness it rides pretty well over the IOTV compared to some others that I have tried without riding up.

http://www.mayflower-rc.org/store/0/0/16/Uw-Chest-Rig,-Qd.html

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's me.

Just got back from Hohenfels yesterday. Was rocking GI IFAK at 8 o'clock, TT 2 mag pouches at my 10 and 11 o'clock, TT 3 mag shingle at my 12, and a TT accessory pouch for my PVS-14 at 2 o'clock. Every time I had to go through my hatch (reloading the M2, PMCS, etc) it was a struggle because how "thick" I was.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's me.

Seriously check out the D3cr if I was riding outside the hatch I would toss it behind the RWS. If you are down below messing with the FBCB2 or BFT toss is under yur seat.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Usgi tap panel.  Never used one with armor but i have one.  Just a though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:25:08 AM EDT
[#7]
TT MAP.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's me.

Get the TT MAP panel. That's what I used. I had three total for different things. One for 249, one for light (vehicle stuff) and one for long walks that held more stuff. Benefit of this over aftermarket cool guy stuff was when you work for dickhead CSM's you can strap all GI issue shit to it and have it work without getting chewed out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Get the TT MAP panel. That's what I used. I had three total for different things. One for 249, one for light (vehicle stuff) and one for long walks that held more stuff. Benefit of this over aftermarket cool guy stuff was when you work for dickhead CSM's you can strap all GI issue shit to it and have it work without getting chewed out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's me.

This.  You can find them on ebay for $20.  I have two of them set up differently.  I rarely wear IOTV's but I also got the standalone adapters for them to wear as regular rigs.

I also have an esstac bush boar A1 I used for a deployment 5-6 years ago that I like, although I prefer it more as a standalone than over armor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top