Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2016 9:26:28 PM EDT
5.11 taclite pro vs Propper lightweight tactical pants. Here's my situation, work bought me several pairs of 5.11 taclite pro pants in 36 waist like the pants but the legs and thighs are way too baggy for me and I really like the Propper pants much better. Problem is no one in my area sales them(Propper), I currently have a pair of 34s which are almost too small I would order the 36s but what's the consensus on them? Would the legs be less baggy for me in a 36? Also should add that they must be the "nylon" material.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Amazon and send them back if you need to. Medium Regular sizing seems to be decent.

The thing i don't line about propper is the material is a lot heavier and thicker, which makes them tough to iron and hot. Have you tried LAPG pants? Those fit me well, and the material is light, you don't need to iron it out of tyre dryer.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Wear 5.11 to work almost everyday. I have one pair of the Propper pants and a couple pairs of the LAPG brand. The 5.11 wear longer than the others and the LAPD feels cheap when you compare the two. The propper material is heavy, fine for the winter, but too hot in the summer. I also dont like the pocket flaps on the propper, too big.

As for fit, they are pretty close to the same sizing between the 5.11 and propper, and the propper legs feel just as loose as the 5.11 does. I find the 5.11 have more room in the hips and butt area. With the propper I find myself having to pull up my pants to squat, whereas with the 5.11 even if they are sagging a bit, I can still squat without having to adjust them.

As mentioned above, buy through amazon, and they pay the return shipping if you dont like them, just leave the labels on until you are sure you like them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have tried just about every tactical pant out there, I wear them for work a lot.  The LAPG Elite Operator Pant are hands down the best pant out there IMO.  They are not too baggy and also look good.  They are cheap compared to the 5.11 Strikes which they resemble.  Can't rave enough about them because I generally hate tactical pants because of how they fit.  I know this doesn't answer your question but thought I would throw it out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top