Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2016 11:08:06 PM EDT
I'm looking for a holster for my full-size MP9 with TLR1 that will fit well  with my Eagle industries PC. I don't think I want to go with a thigh holster. Having a hard time navigating the tons of holsters available. Basically looking for something that either attaches to the belt or has a paddle but drops a bit lower than the standard holster so it clears my PC. Something that will be sturdy and not flop around as well. Anyone have any suggestions I should be looking into? I wouldn't mind 1 level of retention.

Thanks a million in advance!
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't tried it myself, but I know G-Code makes a duty drop for their RTI system
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:32:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Check ebay for safariland 6004 type holsters with the rotating hood. It will either come with a regular belt loop, but I would suggest the mid drop belt loop. It gives you about 1.5 inches of space away from your body and puts the grip of the weapon flush with your belt line.  Easy to access wearing armor or layers of coats.

Definitely stick with some form of retention if you are wearing a armor. It's too easy to dump a weapon if you get banged around, and its extra peace of mind to know you are adding an extra step to get that weapon if you end up on the ground, rolling around with some asshat.

I like the hood models, not really a fan on the thumb one's. Obviously stay away from serpas. Don't use a lanyard that isn't a retractable "key ring"type either. You'll snag it on everything you walk past.

The nice raven/bravo kydex holsters keep the weapon high on your waist and tight to your body, which is great unless you have armor on. If you don't have a cumberbund or soft side armor you can still get away with one of these, but you'll likely lose the level of retention.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 5:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Having used ALS, SLS, and Combo ALS/SLS units, I prefer ALS, opposite of poster above. SLS causes the holster to ride higher, it requires the manual reactivation of the locking mechanism, it's slower, and while the combo unit gets rid of the necessity of manual relocking, ALS gets rid of all the negatives with no drawbacks, plus you can get red dot capable ALS holsters, but not SLS. I have run and own examples of all of them.

I run only Safariland holsters when possible but run 2" drop plates from both G-code and Safariland. Without a leg strap they both can move when running, both can get torqued on draw, but are the best option for a non drop leg. The best drop leg is the Safariland 6004-10, single leg strap, with rubbery drop flex adapter . G-code lacks extra mounting points on their single strap, high ride, leg rig and lack the rubber drop flex afapter that Safariland offers, opting for nylon only, so Safariland is less prone to moving on a draw.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check ebay for safariland 6004 type holsters with the rotating hood. It will either come with a regular belt loop, but I would suggest the mid drop belt loop. It gives you about 1.5 inches of space away from your body and puts the grip of the weapon flush with your belt line.  Easy to access wearing armor or layers of coats.

Definitely stick with some form of retention if you are wearing a armor. It's too easy to dump a weapon if you get banged around, and its extra peace of mind to know you are adding an extra step to get that weapon if you end up on the ground, rolling around with some asshat.

I like the hood models, not really a fan on the thumb one's. Obviously stay away from serpas. Don't use a lanyard that isn't a retractable "key ring"type either. You'll snag it on everything you walk past.

The nice raven/bravo kydex holsters keep the weapon high on your waist and tight to your body, which is great unless you have armor on. If you don't have a cumberbund or soft side armor you can still get away with one of these, but you'll likely lose the level of retention.
View Quote

Thanks, I have the Bravo Concealment OWB holster now. It's possible but no where near ideal. Just feels cramped.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I have this blade tech with the drop offest attachment to clear my PC while used on a battle belt w/ the teklock. It works awesome.

bladetech
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 for the RTI duty drop. I wear one at work with an outer carrier and have additional on my SWAT and warbelts. Just enough clearance for the PC/outer carrier but not so much you need a leg strap. Works well for me. I have a Safariland SLS light bearing with the RTI adapter.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:31:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Check out the Safariland Ultimate Belt Loop (UBL).
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:19:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I use a Safariland 7TS or 7360 on a Frank Proctor belt loop with the QLS attachments. I've been wearing this combo daily on my duty belt for close to a year and no issues when i have a plate carrier on.
http://www.wayofthegun.us/proctor-belt-loop-for-safariland-als-holster
/http://www.lapolicegear.com/sl-7360-7ts-level3.html
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Safariland 6378 is the answer you seek.

6378-2192-411 part number for M&P 9/40 and TLR in plain black(sub 411 for 412 for left hand model)
6378-2192-551 part number for M&P 9/40 and TLR in FDE(sub 551 for 552 for left hand model)

There's other colors or options available. The primary number you need though is 6378-2192-xxx, with the xxx representing the color code and hand.

ETA: The belt loop that comes with the 6378 should provide adequate drop to clear your kit. In the unlikely event you need more drop a standard Safariland UBL can be found for cheap online or the above recommendation of the Proctor Belt Loop if you want it for anything smaller than a 2.25" belt.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Safariland 6378 is the answer you seek.

6378-2192-411 part number for M&P 9/40 and TLR in plain black(sub 411 for 412 for left hand model)
6378-2192-551 part number for M&P 9/40 and TLR in FDE(sub 551 for 552 for left hand model)

There's other colors or options available. The primary number you need though is 6378-2192-xxx, with the xxx representing the color code and hand.

ETA: The belt loop that comes with the 6378 should provide adequate drop to clear your kit. In the unlikely event you need more drop a standard Safariland UBL can be found for cheap online or the above recommendation of the Proctor Belt Loop if you want it for anything smaller than a 2.25" belt.
View Quote

Thank you for the extremely in depth answer! I needed it, the safariland website is difficult to navigate with all the numbers and whatnot.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#11]
The price may be a deterrent, but it's worth mentioning the S&S Precision holster extender that drops the holster up to 3" if you so wish. It's compatible with several holster types, too (including Safariland).

https://www.sandsprecision.com/weapon-retention/holster-extender-grt.html
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:19:49 AM EDT
[#12]
You can get a Safariland and mount it to the GCode duty mount with the Safariland hanger they make for it.

I do this with my M&P 9. Safariland 6280, GCode duty mount attached to my gun belt. Only thing you may want to do is get a strap for the bottom of the holster so it doesnt flip up when drawing sometimes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top