Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2015 4:25:15 AM EDT
My ar15 and google search skills have failed me. What do you call a MOLLE patch or field that you can sew/glue/melt onto an existing flat piece of fabric on a range bag. I want to attach a IFAK in a MOLLE pouch to my old but very much loved range bag (it's old...I'm old...a good match). Any online sources for such a thing? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if they make exactly that but they do make Velcro on sections of molle that you could either use Velcro with or just sew it on
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You may be better off getting adhesive-backed industrial velcro and using one of the many velcro pouches available right now for concealable bags.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of bag and where do you want the PALS webbing to go?  Have a picture by any chance?
CHRIS
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
There is no such thing as you are looking for.  You can try to have the molle webbing ( known as PALS) sewn on .

You could also just use the ifak pouch's molle/pals webbing to rig onto the bag via the bag's carry handle or a shoulder strap
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#5]
How about something like this?

http://www.vanquest.com/products/mohl-air-featherweight-molle-onto-hook-loop-adapter.html

Search MOLLE panel.  You can find them.  If you have a pic of your range bag and the FAK, maybe we could give more suggestions.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of bag and where do you want the PALS webbing to go?  Have a picture by any chance?
View Quote

The range bag looks exactly like this American Mountain Supply bag. Top or back panels are the target for the MOLLE panel.

A pleasant surprise. The above company seems to be the same company that made my Green Mountain range bag 20+ years ago. I couldn't find them a few years ago. They can tailor requests so that's an option if I want to get a new bag.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like you would have a tough time sewing anything onto that without making the functionality of inside pockets useless but I could be wrong. Kind of hard to tell from pictures. E6000 glue would probably be quite effective though.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like you would have a tough time sewing anything onto that without making the functionality of inside pockets useless but I could be wrong. Kind of hard to tell from pictures. E6000 glue would probably be quite effective though.
View Quote

Thanks for the help.

Yes. The interior of the top panel itself has elastic webbing to hold objects (flashlights, I carry a wrench for muzzle devices) and any sewing would (preferably) have to navigate around that. The back panel actually has a zippered pocket running the width of the bag. It's nothing more than a "map" pocket but I can see it making any sewing a challenge.  Probably not impossible but a challenge.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top