Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2015 9:17:55 PM EDT
I'll try to make this short and to the point.

I have some IIIa soft armor panels made by First Choice, which is now out of business. They came in a MOLLE carrier. I assumed they were BALCS cut (stupid me), and ordered a TAG Havoc carrier to put them in. They are not even close to fitting. Panels say large, and carrier is a large, but the panels are too big in every dimension.

Questions -

1) Any idea what cut my panels actually are?

2) Is the Havoc carrier just missized?

3) If I need to buy new inserts for the Havoc, where is the best place to buy them that will sell to civilians/non-LEO?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I might be able to help.  First Choice Armor and DBT became one about 4 years ago.  I started in the ballistic lab with FCA about 5 years ago and am still with DBT these days.  If you can send me a photo of your label or the text of it, I can research your armor and see what cut it was made in.  There were several different FCA cuts back then.  

CHRIS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top