Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2015 12:51:45 PM EDT
So I was recently assigned as a grenadier. Gonna have the 320. Just curious as to what every uses/used for grenadier rigs. Pics would be a plus!
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I was a 203 gunner, check out the Tactical Tailor 40mm M203 belt, I used that while deployed to carry ammo, was pretty damn good gear. Worth checking out anyway for your ammo carriage. That or figure out a pouch arrangement.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I carried a mk32 everywhere and used the hell out of it. Just use a decent battle belt and put the rounds in a dump pouch. I'd carry 6 in the gun, 12 in the dump pouch, and a couple smoke rounds in an issued eagle frag pouch.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was a 203 gunner, check out the Tactical Tailor 40mm M203 belt, I used that while deployed to carry ammo, was pretty damn good gear. Worth checking out anyway for your ammo carriage. That or figure out a pouch arrangement.
View Quote

^ yup did that too.  Worked quite well for me, not enough real-estate to put them on my rig otherwise.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#4]
This was posted in the SOPMOD Block II thread a while back and thought it might help. S&S M320 holster.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, I forgot to add that the 320 is a hunk of shit and we should've kept the 203.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#7]
We use grenade launchers for less lethal / gas deployment. Still haven't found an ideal way to rig it up, as we just got them relatively recently. That said, as far as carrying / deploying ammo, I really dig the tactical tailor 40mm belt.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]
+1 for the tactical tailor belt

In afg 2013, I carried a 320 stripped down like a pistol, on my side plate, under my right arm, held it in place with one of the buckles from the interceptor buckle kit from tactical talior, and had a pistol lanyard attached to it as well. Under my left arm I attached the tactical tailor four round pouch and had two flares and two smokes, I carried two HE's else where, as a squad leader it was more beneficial to carry markers, etc.

My grenadiers had a issued m9 holster that we opened up to fit a 320, they carried them with the stocks. In the city they would rarely be able to use them. Outside the city they could lob them all they wanted.

The 320 on the m4 is awkward, as a stand alone its pretty nice.
I recently acquired an s&s precision holster, I haven't used it but checking it out it's a nice piece of kit and looks very well made and thought out
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What kind are you using? I'm assuming they're not M320s.

What about a single point/wolf hook matched with an S&S Weapon Link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We use grenade launchers for less lethal / gas deployment. Still haven't found an ideal way to rig it up, as we just got them relatively recently. That said, as far as carrying / deploying ammo, I really dig the tactical tailor 40mm belt.

What kind are you using? I'm assuming they're not M320s.

What about a single point/wolf hook matched with an S&S Weapon Link?

Weren't the S&S holsters part of the kit issued to 320 gunners?  I've seen a few people using bungee cord slings with them.

(<--- not a thumper gunner; mine was a tad big bigger).
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Best pic I could find of what I wore.

of course, that was 31 years ago.  Might want to go new school on this one.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/520x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/e/gernadevest_1.jpg

Best pic I could find of what I wore.

of course, that was 31 years ago.  Might want to go new school on this one.  
View Quote

I had to wear that piece of shit in PRC. Wore it the first day and volunteered to carry the SAW or 240 everyday after for the rest of the coarse.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#14]
The Tactical Tailor 40mm belt is where it's at. I loved my 203 but the 320 seems like a bitch mounted. I'd rather carry that separate. For awhile I used a large saw pouch with a bunch of loose HEDP. That wasn't the best and the belt was way better.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Those old school grenadier vests are ...well...... old as fuck and useless with today's kit.
Tactical Tailor 40mm belt is epic win
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks everyone!

As far as dismounted or mounted to the rifle. I will be carrying it in one of the S&S rigs most likely. I have had my eye on that.

Is the TT belt stiff enough to support putting the holster on that?

Thanks for all the input!

And yeah, the old 40mm vests are fucking lame.

My two options will either be the TT belt, or a standard war belt with pouches and the holster I think.

Thanks again! Would still love to see more rigs for ideas.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:37:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone!

As far as dismounted or mounted to the rifle. I will be carrying it in one of the S&S rigs most likely. I have had my eye on that.

Is the TT belt stiff enough to support putting the holster on that?

Thanks for all the input!

And yeah, the old 40mm vests are fucking lame.

My two options will either be the TT belt, or a standard war belt with pouches and the holster I think.

Thanks again! Would still love to see more rigs for ideas.
View Quote
The tac tailor belt is really stiff. It's gotta be to a dozen grenades.
It's also not a circumferential grenade belt, it's only got grenades on like 2/3 of the realestate, depending on waist size.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:37:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry, I forgot to add that the 320 is a hunk of shit and we should've kept the 203.
View Quote

I've never been in the military, but I thought the 320 was generally better regarded than the 203. Could you perchance expand on this? (If need be, by PM or email; I don't want to draw a mod's or staff's wrath by derailing this thread)
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's a combination of "anything new sucks" and "everything old sucks". Like everything else, the truth is in between.

I don't have a ton of time on the 2 systems, but I have fired both.

The M203 is a very compact rifle mounted system and relatively simple. But it's not as easily made a stand alone system, and the round lengths are limited due to the way the barrel slides forward for loading. It's also pretty cheap as it is just the grenade launcher. It has the nicer trigger, being a single action, but it's a grenade launcher, not a target pistol.

The M320 is much easier to make standalone, which is to me, a better option than rifle mounting it. Rifle mounting makes it very bulky. But it also has a better safety system, a double action trigger, and is side openning which means it can accept any length of round. This will be invaluable considering the military is developing medium range 40mm grenade launcher launched rockets.

Good article here on the M320 program.

Personally, I'd be a fan of giving grenadiers MK18s as a secondary to Milkor M32's and a ton of ammunition.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never been in the military, but I thought the 320 was generally better regarded than the 203. Could you perchance expand on this? (If need be, by PM or email; I don't want to draw a mod's or staff's wrath by derailing this thread)

It's a combination of "anything new sucks" and "everything old sucks". Like everything else, the truth is in between.

I don't have a ton of time on the 2 systems, but I have fired both.

The M203 is a very compact rifle mounted system and relatively simple. But it's not as easily made a stand alone system, and the round lengths are limited due to the way the barrel slides forward for loading. It's also pretty cheap as it is just the grenade launcher. It has the nicer trigger, being a single action, but it's a grenade launcher, not a target pistol.

The M320 is much easier to make standalone, which is to me, a better option than rifle mounting it. Rifle mounting makes it very bulky. But it also has a better safety system, a double action trigger, and is side openning which means it can accept any length of round. This will be invaluable considering the military is developing medium range 40mm grenade launcher launched rockets.

Good article here on the M320 program.

Personally, I'd be a fan of giving grenadiers MK18s as a secondary to Milkor M32's and a ton of ammunition.

Yeah, it can take longer rounds, but those are specialty rounds that most guys never see, let alone have a use for. The thing is unwieldly as fuck. Sure, you can use it as a standalone system, but why? And m4 with a 203 is tits. When you need a grenade, you have it right the fuck now. The 320 on a rifle it's a huge pain in the ass. With the 203, like you said, it's a minor inconvenience.
Like I said, I carried a 32 with a bunch of rounds and it was awesome.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#21]
320 and pistol was fine when I didn't have a long gun. That was the only time I enjoyed one.

With a rifle and all the stuff 203 was much better. I carried a 320 more, but only ever shot the 203 at anyone and leafsight/fsp is so easy to shoot well its not even fair.

Only rounds you'll generally use are smoke and he so don't worry about much else. Maybe have a chute flare in your pack.

For the 320 with army gear? Find an effective way to attach it to the side of your pack and dont leave that donkey hanging off your gun.

Also, the air foil LL rounds I had would have fit a regular 203 I'm pretty sure. Never tried to cross fit them though for some reason.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#22]
We were issued the TT belt for AFG. I cut mine to a length of 6, and zip tied it to my plate carrier, then took a length of 3. and put it on the left cummerbund. Any additional rounds I deemed neccessary went into a drop pouch or day pack.

I had an M203, FWIW. That set up worked best for me, and kept the weight relatively distributed.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I like the idea of a warbelt with the golden eggs on it, especially if you are going to attach a 320 holster to it.  Something to consider is put a multi round pouch (I have a couple of 6 rounders from Blackhawk that work well enough) opposite the holster to balance it out, and make sure that you have separation between your different round types.  Absolute last thing you need is to be trying to shoot LL and you smoke a dude in the chest with a flare.   Probably you will want some suspenders though if you are putting more than just the holster and a very few pills on the belt.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I like the idea of a warbelt with the golden eggs on it, especially if you are going to attach a 320 holster to it.  Something to consider is put a multi round pouch (I have a couple of 6 rounders from Blackhawk that work well enough) opposite the holster to balance it out, and make sure that you have separation between your different round types.  Absolute last thing you need is to be trying to shoot LL and you smoke a dude in the chest with a flare.   Probably you will want some suspenders though if you are putting more than just the holster and a very few pills on the belt.
View Quote

"Shake n bake" with my 32 was hedp, hedp, wsc, hedp, smoke, hedp.
They didn't know what the fuck was going on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top