Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2015 12:23:17 AM EDT
I'm putting out feelers here to see what kind of interest there may be for a Group Buy from HPG for a special run of one of their kit bags in MultiCam.  These are typically not available from their website store, but would be a special run.  I'm thinking of doing a group buy for the Original, possibly the Recon or the Runner.

THIS IS NOT A GROUP BUY THREAD, so don't put in any orders in this thread.  This is just an effort to gauge interest.  If there is enough interest, I will pursue the appropriate channels and post a group buy thread in the appropriate sub-forum.  Mods, if this thread is out of place here, please feel free to delete it or move it to a more appropriate place.

ETA: for correct nomenclature of the product
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Which pack?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you meaning a kit bag, or a pack?  Two totally different things from HPG, and when you say recon, runner, or original that says kit bag.  Might want to change your thread title to reflect that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:59:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Kit bag.  The concealed chest holster thingy.  I was thinking the original Kit Bag, but my needs could also be met with some of the others, if we could get enough interest.  The Heavy Recon is also an option for me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:43:17 AM EDT
[#4]
As an aside,  their standard Recon Kit bag is probably the best and most functional piece of nylon gear I've bought in a LONG time. Got mine in Ranger green.

The MOLLE on the outside of that bag is hugely useful.

G19, spare mag in the main compartment. It'll fit my HK45 so full sized guns are fine.

Secondary zip pocket (with smaller pockets inside as well) holds a SF flashlight, rain poncho, ferro rod, iPhone, keys....sometimes a GoPro.

MOLLE holds a Learherman and an Emerson folder, in Maxpedition universal pouches (looks like a pistol mag pouch with a fold over Velcro closure). The MOLLE also has a 10X Vortex monocular attached.

If you hike, kayak, spend time outdoors, this is a must have piece of kit....and it's completely compatible with a backpack without getting in the way. Stays put, doesn't bounce around with nice straps and a mesh panel between the straps in the back for a firm, comfortable fit.

Extremely well designed nylon gear....holds everything I need for front/easy/fast access like nothing else. Not bulky and not too small. Perfect size.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like the idea of the "Heavy Recon".  Smaller than the original, but with Molle on the front so you can add an admin pouch, or mag older, or whatever other stuff you may need.  I also like the second pouch better than on the "Standard Recon".
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#6]

In my post above I detailed the attachment options on the standard Recon and what it can do. Not sure how much you want hanging off your chest.

The Heavy Recon has this....

The standard Recon has this...

IMO, no contest as to the utility and durability between cut fabric and heavy stitched webbing. That and the standard can be "built up" to hold a ton of stuff, yet if that's not needed, reverts back to a standard rig. Not sure what you'd want to carry in a chest pouch that precludes the standard Recon with it's impressive flexibility.

To each their own....HPG is great shit any way you slice it.

By the way, their web site includes multicam as an option on all kit bags....so I'm not getting the need for a special order.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
There are no durability issues with First Spears 6/12 platform so that part of your argument is irrelevant. Either of them are a good buy, if anything the 6/12 gives you better fit if you want to expand with First Spear pouches.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I may be interested. Not really dying for multi-cam but if the price is right...
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd be down for buying another if in Wolf gray or Kryptek Highlander.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No...

MAS grey and I'm in
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No...

MAS grey and I'm in
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No...

MAS grey and I'm in

I have a runner's pack in foliage and use it several days a week.  It's  been a while since I was on their site, but I thought multicam was a standard color.  I won't use multicam because if I'm wearing multicam I will be wearing an issued vest with pouches on it, and the kit bag won't work with that.  I've already experimented.

I bought a MAS grey LBT pack on sale for my son to use for school, and I definitely prefer the less tactical look.  MAS grey ( or any grey) and I'm in, too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have a runner's pack in foliage and use it several days a week.  It's  been a while since I was on their site, but I thought multicam was a standard color.  I won't use multicam because if I'm wearing multicam I will be wearing an issued vest with pouches on it, and the kit bag won't work with that.  I've already experimented.

I bought a MAS grey LBT pack on sale for my son to use for school, and I definitely prefer the less tactical look.  MAS grey ( or any grey) and I'm in, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No...

MAS grey and I'm in

Tell me you still have this MAS grey pack.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#14]
What is their foliage gray Color near to?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:42:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Similar to ranger green.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No...

MAS grey and I'm in

Yep, loaded with books ready for the bus stop in the morning.  It was one of their $90 or so 3 day pack holiday sale deals.  I'm not sure if it's US made.  I seem to recall hearing they have a facility in the Dominican Republic or someplace like it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Similar to ranger green.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Similar to ranger green.

It's like the ACU/ABU green with a grayish tint.  I've heard it described as minty green, which is kind of funny.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Multicam doesn't make me feel things in places...but if the price is right, I'd be interested in a kit bag buy
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It's like the ACU/ABU green with a grayish tint.  I've heard it described as minty green, which is kind of funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Similar to ranger green.

I own that color Recon Kit bag.

Minty green it ain't. It's like ranger green that is slightly more grey.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#21]
This has been on the wish list for awhile, count me as interested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top