Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 12:13:27 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I wanted to ask what ear pro is everyone using on their helmets and what mounts.  I just got a Base Jump and I am looking to upgrade my general ear protection at the same time.  

So what are you using and what do you like about it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
So ronery.  

No one has any suggestions?  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think many are running mounted protection with the protecs. I've seen peltor 6s and Howard Leights being ran, but using the over the head under the helmet.

I'm sure since I just said this somebody is going to post their set up for you lol
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think many are running mounted protection with the protecs. I've seen peltor 6s and Howard Leights being ran, but using the over the head under the helmet.

I'm sure since I just said this somebody is going to post their set up for you lol
View Quote

I know they have the space for the band inside the helmet, but I was hoping there was a decent mounting solution.  Maybe I am doing it wrong...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a set of Peltor sports using the rail adapters on my Ops-Core base jump.  Works great.  The sports have an input jack for tunes if you are so inclined.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a set of Peltor sports using the rail adapters on my Ops-Core base jump.  Works great.  The sports have an input jack for tunes if you are so inclined.
View Quote

Tunes would be nice.  Do the sports support the gel ear pads?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Amazon Link

Those are the ones that I got.  They work just fine with the traditional Peltor helmet mounts.  I'm not sure about the gel cups, but the are pretty comfortable as is.  I put the gels on my comptacs and while there is a difference, I'm not sure it's worth the money to get the gels for these.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Amazon Link

Those are the ones that I got.  They work just fine with the traditional Peltor helmet mounts.  I'm not sure about the gel cups, but the are pretty comfortable as is.  I put the gels on my comptacs and while there is a difference, I'm not sure it's worth the money to get the gels for these.
View Quote

Ok good to know.  I looked at some reviews and they look really good for the price.  I think I will jump on them.  

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Thanks for shooting me that link.  Really good setups in there.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 2:19:05 AM EDT
[#10]
MSA Sordins using Peltor adapters with SARA Adapters.

They sell kits with both pieces or the whole thing already done with Sordins.

http://ironforgedconcepts.com/project/order-sara-gen-2/

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
MSA Sordins using Peltor adapters with SARA Adapters.

They sell kits with both pieces or the whole thing already done with Sordins.

http://ironforgedconcepts.com/project/order-sara-gen-2/

View Quote

The Sordins are probably something I will upgrade to later on.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I just use Surefire plugs currently. Tried out the Silynx c4ops but was not impressed. They snag, fall out of ears, and are uncomfortable.

Sordin Supreme Pro X + rails is probably your best bet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Ops-Core FAST Ballistic High Cut (XP) Helmet
Ops-Core Multicam mesh Cover
PVS-14
Wilcox L4 G24
Wilcox Arm
EOG Battery Pouch
Peltor Arc Rail Adaptors
Peltor Comtac 3

Only thing i dont like about the setup is sides of the helmet are a bit lower than i like. I put my peltor ear pro as high as they go and when i shoulder a rifle it just bumps into the stock a little bit, its not the end of the world but kind of annoying i guess. I dont have that issue when using ear pro with a head strap as the ear cups sit a 1/4 to 1/2 inch higher and dont contact the rifle stock. If i would have known this i probably would have bought the higher cut maritime instead.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:17:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Only thing i dont like about the setup is sides of the helmet are a bit lower than i like. I put my peltor ear pro as high as they go and when i shoulder a rifle it just bumps into the stock a little bit, its not the end of the world but kind of annoying i guess. I dont have that issue when using ear pro with a head strap as the ear cups sit a 1/4 to 1/2 inch higher and dont contact the rifle stock. If i would have known this i probably would have bought the higher cut maritime instead.
View Quote

I'm using a FAST BASE Jump, and this is getting increasingly more annoying with each passing day.  

Unfortunately Ops-Core won't sell the Maritime ARC rails separately any more, even though they sell every other FAST ARC rail, so I've been searching for a set of Maritime ARCs under $100 every day to try and cut my BASE Jump higher.  

Ultimately, I'd like to get an actual ballistic Maritime, but it might be a minute before I can afford that.  

The other solution would be an ARC adapter that functioned like the new Ops-Core RAC, and attached to the rear "lobe" of the ARC rails, rather than the top, and would allow you to pivot the ear cups a little higher, it seems like they wouldn't be that hard to make, but they don't make 'em.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which rail adapter did you get?  The peltor brand does not seem to work.

Edit: I figured it out.  I will post some pictures in a bit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ops-Core FAST Ballistic High Cut (XP) Helmet
Ops-Core Multicam mesh Cover
PVS-14
Wilcox L4 G24
Wilcox Arm
EOG Battery Pouch
Peltor Arc Rail Adaptors
Peltor Comtac 3
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/751/20741270858_a8b78f6623_z.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5735/20936604861_fe00345380_z.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5775/20308210943_fb5635b4bb_z.jpg

View Quote

That is a nice setup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top