Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 5:18:10 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with this??

I am interested, but at $350 its quite the investment.

I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with it. Thanks.

Vertex Smock

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Are they even actually making/selling them?

They've been advertising them for years...never actually saw them on sale anywhere (NOTE:  all sizes out of stock in your link).
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Are they actually making/selling them?

They've been advertising them for years...have yet to see one on sale (Note that all sizes are out of stock at your link).
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They've been advertising them for years...have yet to see one on sale (Note that all sizes are out of stock at your link).
View Quote

They're on amazon and the prices drop occasionally. Got the solid coyote smock for $135 after a price adjustment.

As a garment, they're cut not as long or as roomy, and are much lighter than traditional smocks. They're still roomy enough to layer 1-2 layers if you order your size, but they are athletically fitted.

Has a lot of features that cater to shooting/moving users vs. the general purpose/outdoor users.

Very unique twist on a traditional garment, but I wouldn't spend more than what I paid.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They're on amazon and the prices drop occasionally. Got the solid coyote smock for $135 after a price adjustment.

As a garment, they're cut not as long or as roomy, and are much lighter than traditional smocks. They're still roomy enough to layer 1-2 layers if you order your size, but they are athletically fitted.

Has a lot of features that cater to shooting/moving users vs. the general purpose/outdoor users.

Very unique twist on a traditional garment, but I wouldn't spend more than what I paid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow thanks for the response,

I would love to pick one up for $135, amazon has them for $350. That why I was hesitant to drop that amount for a jacket. I love the videos I have seen of it. Wish I could hold one before I buy it.

Where did you find it for 135?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:40:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out the Arktis smocks too

Very well made & available in a wide choice of designs & camouflage patterns
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#6]
FWIW reg jackets like Columbia and north face can run several hundred dollars so while $350 is high it's not completely unreasonable.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I would love to pick one up for $135, amazon has them for $350. That why I was hesitant to drop that amount for a jacket. I love the videos I have seen of it. Wish I could hold one before I buy it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amazon.. Bought it for $150 for the Coyote smock. Price dropped further to $135 couple days later and Amazon credited me the difference. Not sure if it will go that low again.

There are other traditional smocks available that are more general purpose, but the Vertx definitely has unique features for shooting (ie: spec'd to hold 6 ar style mags, lighter, athletic fit). If that is worth the price then go for it.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought two of me...a multicam and a earth  one...the earth is for everyday wear when weather is crappy....good quality athletic fit as previously stated...I am used to having a smock from time in the uk and like the concept...mine have enough space to add a fleece if it ever gets chilly enough and I'm not on the move so much...lots of features and very good quality..paid a buck fiddy from vertx direct with their Labor Day discount of 40%
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I own two, The fabric is different between the Coyote and Multicam. The Multicam is outstanding in fabric and design, the coyote is great in design and average in fabric. If you can get one for $135,  snag it as it is worth that for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top