Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2015 1:57:58 AM EDT
I have a TacForce rifle case and the main pouch is great and holds down my rifle great. The next pouch is a little smaller and has Velcro that hold 2 pouches(12 total mags) and this compartments zipper has come of completely. How can I get this fixed?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a TacForce rifle case and the main pouch is great and holds down my rifle great. The next pouch is a little smaller and has Velcro that hold 2 pouches(12 total mags) and this compartments zipper has come of completely. How can I get this fixed?
View Quote

Is the zipper broken or came unstitched from the item? Know how to sew? Either sew it back on or buy a new zipper and sew that on after cutting out the old zipper.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm imagining one of three things:

1) the zipper pull has jumped off the teeth.
Unstitch the end, get the zipper pull started on the teeth correctly, restitch

2) The Fabric sides of the zipper have come unstitched. Simple repair.

3) the teeth have come uncoiled. Total zipper replacement. PITA on an already-finished product.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
the teeth are all there in perfect condition and the sewing is still all very tout. The zipper just somehow came completely off of the tracks and also the bag. Not sure how but is like $100 and Id like to fix it. That is where I stand now.

Thank you for the advice and help.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like #1.

You'll have to unstitch one end and get the slider and zipper teeth reoriented. Not too hard, just takes some patience.
The slider may be ever so slightly distorted as well. Likely why it came off the tracks.

All dependent on whether or not you can re-sew the end, of course.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one break on a CTD bag. I used a spare
from my old Jeep top because it was the correct
size. I cut the end out of the zipper tapes to get
the new pull on, them opened up a hole on each
side at the end with an awl, and added a small zip
tie for a no-sewing finish.

John
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Most dry cleaning places have tailors in them. Just take your gear down to one and in no time it will be good as new..
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top