Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2015 1:39:04 PM EDT
Hey, I've got a couple of extra sets of plates (10x12 shooter cut) sitting around and was trying to find a pc that's quick to put on and not noisy (Velcro) for an intruder coming in etc.

Doesn't necessarily need to have molle top to bottom, but would like the option to add pistol/rifle mag pouches at a later date.

Thank you.

Currently have a Rogue Gunfighter LVR but it's Velcrotastic
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 2:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey, I've got a couple of extra sets of plates (10x12 shooter cut) sitting around and was trying to find a pc that's quick to put on and not noisy (Velcro) for an intruder coming in etc.

Doesn't necessarily need to have molle top to bottom, but would like the option to add pistol/rifle mag pouches at a later date.

Thank you.

View Quote

First Spear First On

US Palm Defender
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 2:43:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thank you.

View Quote

First Spear STT
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 5:04:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Crye Airlite
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#4]
SKD PIG Brig
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Whatever you choose, I'd have a pistol and rifle reload, lighting option, and a trauma kit as a minimum.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#6]
FWIW my carrier has velcro on it but i leave one side of the cummerbund open, so i slip it on, attach the velco and im GTG, no noise until i take it off.

https://shellbacktactical.com/banshee-plate-carrier-shellback-tactical/

Banshee has a version which has plastic clips on the side.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Ares plate silencers (or DIYd ones) attached to one side of your existing carrier.  

Click click.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 4:47:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I think the idea of strapping on ninja gear during a home invasion is unrealistic.  A handgun, flashlight and undies are probably the best.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the idea of strapping on ninja gear during a home invasion is unrealistic.  A handgun, flashlight and undies are probably the best.
View Quote

You're correct, one may not have time to don armor. But I think a quality set of body armor is a much better use of funds for an armed citizen than yet another tricked out AR. And failing to incorporate body armor into your self defense plans is foolish, as is planning to solely rely on a handgun and a flashlight.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 4:31:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thank you.

View Quote

SKD First Spear exclusive PC.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 6:12:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I moved the breaker panel to my nightstand. I have early warning motion sensors to alert me if any one approaches my driveway. My dog is trained to not warn the intruder. My triple redundant alarms will wake me up. My internal and external cameras fed to my room and phone let me discreetly know the intruders location. I'll wait until they're inside, then Kill the power and lights. Then use my suppressed 50 Beowulf with 100 round clip equipped with IR lasers and panoramic night vision goggles. Of course my wife will be holding an extra SAPI plate to cover my head.
But I doubt they'd make it past my moat filled with sharks that are equipped with tactical head mounted lasers.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I moved the breaker panel to my nightstand. I have early warning motion sensors to alert me if any one approaches my driveway. My dog is trained to not warn the intruder. My triple redundant alarms will wake me up. My internal and external cameras fed to my room and phone let me discreetly know the intruders location. I'll wait until they're inside, then Kill the power and lights. Then use my suppressed 50 Beowulf with 100 round clip equipped with IR lasers and panoramic night vision goggles. Of course my wife will be holding an extra SAPI plate to cover my head.

But I doubt they'd make it past my moat filled with sharks that are equipped with tactical head mounted lasers.
View Quote
That's nice honey.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in buying sweet tactical gear that we forget about the simple things, like solid core doors, alarms, high security locks, and door bars. Throw in a dog or two and you will likely have enough time/warning to don your gear. If not, at least you made an effort. Let's face it, it's pretty damn unlikely that you'll be a home invasion victim...and the odds are REALLY long that you'll have to face one in which the bad guys have serious breaching capabilities that they will be ready to bring to bear on internal doors. I mean really, do cops even bring their black mamba (what we called the battering ram thing in the USMC) with them to all interior doors or do they just breach the exterior doors and leave the BM on the front porch?
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:46:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
With the ol' Dong swinging... Frighten your opponent.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:54:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

And shoes. Hard-toed shoes with firm soles to protect against tactical Legos.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That's nice honey.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's nice honey.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I mean really, do cops even bring their black mamba (what we called the battering ram thing in the USMC) with them to all interior doors or do they just breach the exterior doors and leave the BM on the front porch?
View Quote

That thing was too damm heavy to lug around the house....  I never saw it taken inside, it was just dropped on thelawn next to the front steps after the front door was opened. But in 17 years in LE, I also have never seen an interior door in a private house that couldnt be taken by a few decent kicks...

But I really like the whole shark filled moat around the house idea, i need to look into that!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:49:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gunkid is that you?  
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL my wife laughed at this because we had a conversation about home invasions not long ago.  She said she wasn't sure which an intruder would be scared more by...the surefire flashlight and 1911, or the naked guy pursuing them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top