Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 9:22:50 PM EDT
I am trying to determine if the Multicam pattern I have received on my Camelback Thermopak 3L is authentic (Crye Precision). I Noticed the stitching in the material looks much different, than my other Multicam items.

Questionable Multicam (Camelbak 2015 Themopak 3L)

Here is the original version of the Camelbak Pattern Closeup

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am trying to determine if the Multicam pattern I have received on my Camelback Thermopak 3L is authentic (Crye Precision). I Noticed the stitching in the material looks much different, than my other Multicam items.

View Quote

If it was actually made by Camelbak, it is actual multicam. Might be Scorpion. Either way if you're buying from Camelbak it's legit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
If it was actually made by Camelbak, it is actual multicam. Might be Scorpion. Either way if you're buying from Camelbak it's legit.
View Quote

Yeah but why the Checkered stitching? I don't own any multicam products that has this... the lighter browns almost look pink.. and it looks very pixelated from a distance..
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It's legit. Just the material they are using
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

The one you have looks like a ripstop-type pattern.  I would consider that superior to the other one you linked to.  It is how the fabric is weaved, not stitching.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]
That's the material not the pattern. It is legit.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:32:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's the material not the pattern. It is legit.
View Quote

This, and different fabrics/materials take the colors of the dyes slightly differently, thus why the colors seem a bit off between the two.  

It's just like comparing multicam 500d cordura vs. multicam webbing vs. multicam 50/50 NYCO fabric.  They are all slightly different in their hues.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#8]
See above
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top