Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2015 10:24:54 AM EDT
Im looking at buying a Ops Core Fast high Cut XP but cant figure out what size I need.
http://www.ops-core.com/productFH.cfm?Product_ID=100&Category_ID=20&

They list size ranges for M, L, Xl and XXL
Then the sizes to buy are offered in S/M, M/L and L/XL

http://tnvc.com/shop/ops-core-fast-ballistic-high-cut-helmet-xp/
And then TNVC offers a whole different list of sizes for the same helmet.

FWIW I currently wear a size Large ACH
Head Circumference = 26"
Hat Size = 7 - 3/8
Chin Strap = 26

Also, I will be using Team Wendy Epic Air Pads and Team Wendy Cam-Fit Straps
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I no longer have a fast helmet, and I never had a maritime version. My experience is they are on the larger side. I have the long skinny head in their Bert and Ernie description and had a S/M helmet with a L/XL chin strap. The weirdest part is that the non-OCC-Dial chin strap I am a M/L. I would highly recommend taking all the measurements and emailing them to Ops-Core, they are a great company and will get back to you.

I had an issue with a helmet back in 2009 and they paid for shipping it, fixed it, and shipped it right back to me in under a week.

SOS
View Quote

^this.  Unfortunately, when I ordered mine, I didn't think to do this and instead ordered two base jump helmets in two different sizes so I could return the one that didn't fit.  The retailer I purchased from said this wouldn't be an issue since there was no dealer within 300+ miles of me that I could try them on at.

I eventually ordered a fast ballistic and got the size right the first time because of my trial and error I went though lol
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

^this.  Unfortunately, when I ordered mine, I didn't think to do this and instead ordered two base jump helmets in two different sizes so I could return the one that didn't fit.  The retailer I purchased from said this wouldn't be an issue since there was no dealer within 300+ miles of me that I could try them on at.

I eventually ordered a fast ballistic and got the size right the first time because of my trial and error I went though lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I no longer have a fast helmet, and I never had a maritime version. My experience is they are on the larger side. I have the long skinny head in their Bert and Ernie description and had a S/M helmet with a L/XL chin strap. The weirdest part is that the non-OCC-Dial chin strap I am a M/L. I would highly recommend taking all the measurements and emailing them to Ops-Core, they are a great company and will get back to you.

I had an issue with a helmet back in 2009 and they paid for shipping it, fixed it, and shipped it right back to me in under a week.

SOS

what size were you and what size helmet did you choose?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd have to remeasure.  I was right in between a M/L and L/XL.  I ended up going with M/L.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Called TNVC and they recommended going up a size so i ordered the L/XL

Will post some pics when i get it all setup with NV and accessories.

Need to pick out a good helmet cover now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top